I want some cake so bad!!! Any great recipes???

Options

Replies

• mrsnecincy
    mrsnecincy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Google Weight Watchers Lemon Drizzle Cake. I substitute half of the fat with 2% Greek yog. It's delish and less than 80 cals a slice. Also probably the easiest cake I make. Just chuck it all in the food processor.
  • kklemarow
    kklemarow Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    This cake is amazing and although it's not low calorie, the whole cake only has 3 tbsp. of oil. Plus, it's SO easy to make:

http://www.chatelaine.com/health/healthy-recipes-health/vegan-desserts/
  • thinlizzy608
    Options
    these cake recipes sound great! I love cake and now I can make something to treat myself with here and there. my only question is how to determine what a serving is. Obviously its a slice but how big of a slice? LOL!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Apparently this cake is to die for

Better Than Sex Cake

Original recipe makes 1 - 9x13 inch cake
    1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
    1/2 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
    6 ounces caramel ice cream topping
    3 (1.4 ounce) bars chocolate covered toffee, chopped
    1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

Directions

Bake cake according to package directions for a 9x13 inch pan; cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Make slits across the top of the cake, making sure not to go through to the bottom.
    In a saucepan over low heat, combine sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping, stirring until smooth and blended. Slowly pour the warm topping mixture over the top of the warm cake, letting it sink into the slits; then sprinkle the crushed chocolate toffee bars liberally across the entire cake while still warm. (Hint: I crush my candy bars into small chunks as opposed to crumbs - I like to have pieces I can chew on!)
    Let cake cool completely, then top with whipped topping. Decorate the top of the cake with some more chocolate toffee bar chunks and swirls of caramel topping. Refrigerate and serve right from the pan!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/better-than-sex-cake-ii/
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Absolutely.... boil 3 heads of cauliflower, mash, bake at 350, consume......then puke
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options

Better Than Sex Cake

Directions

Bake cake according to package directions for a 9x13 inch pan; cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Make slits across the top of the cake, making sure not to go through to the bottom.
    In a saucepan over low heat, combine sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping, stirring until smooth and blended. Slowly pour the warm topping mixture over the top of the warm cake, letting it sink into the slits; then sprinkle the crushed chocolate toffee bars liberally across the entire cake while still warm. (Hint: I crush my candy bars into small chunks as opposed to crumbs - I like to have pieces I can chew on!)
    Let cake cool completely, then top with whipped topping. Decorate the top of the cake with some more chocolate toffee bar chunks and swirls of caramel topping. Refrigerate and serve right from the pan!

I see what you did there.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Box cake mix
    single serve container greek yogurt
    I cup water

Mix, bake, MAGIC

And you cannot tell they are "healthy". I make 18 cupcakes from a box of this, and they have 91 calories each.

:)
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i buy the betty crocker shake and pour. all you do is mix it with water. i double the water, and pour into 12 cupcake papers... each cupcake is 135 cals, top with some 10 cal fat free cool whip... super yummy!!!
  • JTutz
    JTutz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    AVOID ANYTHING WITH CAULIFLOWER. AVERT YOUR EYES. Trust me.

This. And carob. Anyone who tells you, "It's just like chocolate!" is a filthy liar.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

Better Than Sex Cake

Directions

THIS.

and i'd like to add that IT'S LIFE-CHANGING!!!!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Better Than Sex Cake

Directions

But only if you can get someone else to bake it for you...
  • sjeanpayd
    sjeanpayd Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try the 1-2-3 cake. You mix any kind of cake mix with a box of angel food cake into a large baggie. Add 3 T of mix and 2 T of water in a mug then microwave for 1 minute.

You could also make diet soda cake. You use 1 box of cake mix then add 1 can of diet soda to it mix together and bake as usual. Do not add the other ingredients that it says on the box just the can of soda. For frosting 1 mix 1 box of sugar free pudding with 1 cup of skim milk and fold in 1/2 a tub of light cool whip.

I cut the cake in half after microwaving on the 123 cake, then use 2 TB cool whip on one half and 2 TB cool whip frosting on the other half. Satisfies that cake craving quite nicely.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    this is all you need.

cake_vodka_martini.jpg?w=500&h=333
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Just go buy a piece of cake or a cupcake :)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Recently, we learned that watermelon is actually cake if you put some cool whip on it.

Enjoy!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Add cauliflower in place of all the unhealthy ingredients.
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I see any reason why this can't be made into a cake...I use it for muffins. Box of cake mix, small can of pumkin (or about 16 oz of pumpkin, squash, or fruit puree) and 1/4 milk. No oil, no eggs, just these three ingredients. Bake per directions on the cake mix box.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    And whatever you do, do NOT ask your mother to make the cake for you!!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    And whatever you do, do NOT ask your mother to make the cake for you!!

Step mother....

.....we don't know if the biological mother would have performed the sex cake bake.