What 200 calories looks like in dozens of foods

Options
davemunger
davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
This is probably not news for anyone who has been tracking their calories for a while, but it's a neat photo series showing what 200 calories worth of food looks like. Check it out!

http://www.artfido.com/blog/photographic-series-showing-what-200-calories-looks-like-in-different-foods/

Replies

• lindustum
    lindustum Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    the flour and the french bread makes me so sad :(
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I always like to remind myself with articles like this because it gives me perspective.
  • pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    gummi bears!! christ!!!
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    One can easily see the importance of high calorie foods for human civilization's survival illustrated by this series of pictures.
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I've seen this so many times, but I always look at it whenever its posted. I love it.
  • krouse83
    krouse83 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Damn you gummi bears for being so delicious!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Gummi Bears are evil... but so delicious. :(
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    It pretty much matches what I've found over the past year or so. It's interesting to see the comparison using the same plate with no other distractions.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Rockets are NOT Smarties!!!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post. :heart:

I know what I'll be having tonight
    what-200-calories-look-like-food-22.jpg
  • geekgirl_2012
    geekgirl_2012 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. It's a good reminder!
  • peanutbutterrunna
    Options
    wow, The other day I went to the store and was about to buy a bag of gummy bears (no nutritional info available since I spooned the bears into a self serving bag) and I rationalized it by telling myself I didn't take very much. I'm really glad I didn't buy them, because seeing this made me realize I saved myself about 800-1,000 calories ahaha
  • grandpoobah12
    Options
    Cool I really liked looking at this. I just upped my calories and think I have to up them more. Nice to know I just eat a few nuts and that should get me right up there. :tongue:
  • BarefootSerenity
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Now I'm hungry for a Snickers.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    That's an interesting perspective....

Things like that can be deceiving to people who are uneducated, though. Like peanut butter for instance- the uneducated eye would say "Well, why would I eat 200 calories of peanut butter (a tiny little dollop) when I can have an ENTIRE plate full of celery/brocolli/carrots for the same calories?" or "I can have a hand full of gummy bears for the same amount of calories as a little blob of peanut butter!"
  • mgnmsn1
    mgnmsn1 Posts: 12
    Options
    bump
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post. :heart:

I know what I'll be having tonight
    what-200-calories-look-like-food-22.jpg

:laugh: I was thinking something along those lines.
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Looks like I'm going to buy some Fiber One cereal, Puffed Wheat, and Puffed Rice! More for less calories than even my oatmeal! And then I'll throw a packet or two of Splenda if I need a touch of sweetness, plus some berries!

Thank you for this post!
  • ladydy911
    ladydy911 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    This was a good idea. I weigh and measure everything but this is neat to see. Thank you!