Ladies, sizing question

Options
I'm 5'10, 204.8 pounds, and a size 14. Do you think going down to 180 will at least get me in a size 10? I know it's different for everyone, just would like some opinions. Thanks!

Replies

• swbabydoll
    Options
    Just keep working out and eating right and you will be see yourself change. Don't go by how much weight to lose go by the size you want to be and make that your goal. It will not happen over night but you should be pleased with the results when you see them :) Good luck.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    This will be different for everyone and sizing between different brands will not be the same.

I've only lost a couple pounds (literally, two) in 6 months, but I'm down one, almost two, pant sizes due to lifting weights.

ETA: I'm 5'3", 163lbs and I'm currently wearing a US size 8 skirt comfortably.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11, started out at 190 and approaching a 16, so obviously we are shaped very different. I was a 12 at 180, a 10 at 170, an 8 at 160. I'm 155ish now and can wear 6's or 8's depending on the cut.

I'd say you'll be around a 10 at 180, you may need to get to 175 for them to extra comfortable...
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Probably not?

I'm 5"5, 154lbs and a size 12.
  • janinealfke
    Options
    Hi,

I'm about 5"10.5 and have had weight loss surgery. My goal weight is 180....when I was in college I was 150 and a 12...and my hip bones stuck out....True that it's different for everyone. If you're a 14 now, then I would think 20 lbs would get you where you want to be! Best of luck! YOU CAN DO IT!

Janine Alfke
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    It's really not easy to say without knowing how your body is shaped, how much muscle you have, etc. I agree that adding lifting will help. I'm 5'11", 210ish and a 14. I haven't really lost anything in months, but in February I was a 16 or 18, and now some of my 14s are getting loose.
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm an hourglass.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10, 204.8 pounds, and a size 14. Do you think going down to 180 will at least get me in a size 10? I know it's different for everyone, just would like some opinions. Thanks!

FWIW, I am 198 and a size 20. Be happy with your body.
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    When I weighed 203 lbs, I wore 18s. I am 5'10", weigh 155 lbs and am now wearing 9s and 10s. Every body is different and you shouldn't try to connect weight with pants sizes as (like others have said) there are many factors that contribute to all things. Weight lifting being one of the biggest factors, whether or not you do it.
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options

FWIW, I am 198 and a size 20. Be happy with your body.

I am happy with my body. I am happy that I have lost weight, but I do want to drop more pounds and sizes.
  • RuthannFrankenfield
    Options
    Many years ago I weight 155 and was wearing a size 8 or 10. I'm now wearing a 14-16 womans so I have a long journy to get back to that point. One thing I did learn when I was that thin was that it really depended on where I shopped what size I would take. If you're shopping in say the Gap or Aeropostle you might be a larger size but if you're shopping in Kohl's or Boscov's or Macy's you might be a 10. All clothes are made in so many different countries and they all fit differently. My advice is make the weight your goal, not the clothing size or you might always feel like you failed every time you have to get a larger size when in reality you didn't fail, the clothes are just made differently.
    BTW, I'm 5'9 due to shrinkage but I was 5'10 when I was wearing size 8-10. :smile:
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    For me, at least, 20lbs roughly equals a jeans size because the last place for size reduction is my hips and booty. I'm 5'6", 174 and am in a snug size 12. My goal size is an 8, regardless of my weight. The last time I was an 8 I weighed 140-145.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    It's going to be different for everyone. I'm 5'11 and at 200 lbs I was a size 10 and at 185 I'm a size 8. Crazy right but it's due to lifting heavy weights. Good luck!