HEEELLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
Hello everyone I need a little advice on buying the whey protein powder. There are so many options and i feel like i will drive myself crazy trying to choose!!!!!!!!!! What is the BEST kind to get for a woman who is looking to loose weight. I've heared that having the extra protein is good for you not to loose muscle in the weight loss process. I am pretty new to this whole health thing. Any assitance anyne could give would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Replies

• JENboa0411
    JENboa0411 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • RobTheGourmet
    RobTheGourmet Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition /thread
  • rainness
    rainness Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump - would like to know. I have a fruit smoothie in the morning and then I am hungry an hour later.
  • JSA17
    JSA17 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    http://manitobaharvest.com/product/81/HEMP-PRO-FIBRE-454g.html

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I use this stuff

It's great, I love it.
  • JENboa0411
    Options
    http://manitobaharvest.com/product/81/HEMP-PRO-FIBRE-454g.html

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I use this stuff

It's great, I love it.

Thanks I will check it out.
  • JENboa0411
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition /thread

Thanks
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I get one that is unflavored and no sugar added. I like to control what I put into it myself.
  • dwendling63
    Options
    I use Vi-Shape shake mix and <3 it! You can go to www.BodyByVi.com for more info...or friend request me and I have a few recipes using Vi-Shape: Reese's Peanut Butter, Almond Joy, Cohocolate-Mint, Lemon-Blueberry...I make all of these flavors from my vanilla mix (1 scoop) and just add:
    1/2 c water w/ ice
    1/2 c almond breeze 30 cal almond milk
    1 tbsp sugar free dry instant pudding mixes (chocolate, banana cream, butterscotch, lemon...etc)
    and either fresh fruits, dry nuts or extracts (like peppermint, almond, etc...)

then blend (the more ice the better the shake)

it has been fun inventing new flavors! The shakes are packed with nutrients and vitamins and can be used as a meal replacement. (normally I will use it as a calorie round off at the end of the day when I am craving ice cream or a sweet treat).
  • run2bfree
    run2bfree Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Muscle Tech Phase 8 (any flavor is amazing) or Pure Protein
    both have whey and 20g+ of protein. I prefer the Phase 8 because it has digestive enzymes. You can get the Phase 8 on bodybuilding.com - they have the BEST prices. OR the pure protein is at WalMart for 19.99
  • fitmama95
    fitmama95 Posts: 7
    Options
    I use Almased drink mix. I lost 5lbs in three days with it. It keeps me full and gives me energy. Not the best tasting, but effective.
  • vindetta12
    Options
    I use Syntha-6. Its half protein, half incinerated Snickers bars. lol, but seriously I have been pretty good with that and it taste amazing.
  • JENboa0411
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all of you help :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • Melissa11412
    Melissa11412 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I use Syntha-6. Its half protein, half incinerated Snickers bars. lol, but seriously I have been pretty good with that and it taste amazing.

haha your description of Syntha-6 is spot on. I will not buy this brand because it tastes so freakin' good i would drink it all day :laugh:

My picks are Dymatize or ON
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

I use this as well, but it is pretty high calorie IMHO.
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I use Body Fortress Whey protein. It's cheap and compares well to more expensive brands.
  • amayaasn
    amayaasn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Protein powder to support weight loss is a great start. If you are looking for weight on the scale stay away from a protein powder with creatine, creatine helps with muscle recovery though if you are exercising at least moderately. IT can just cause water retention if your muscles arent in need of a lot of repair if you arent exercising or just minimally. There are lots of shakes out there and lots of people with different opinions. I used to use the whey protein powder from sams, and didnt really see a weight loss or a any advantage to it other than it causing me to eat breakfast, which I never did before. I started being active in a motivation group and some people were drinking Shakeology. I was interested but the sticker price was a shock. So I held off. What I learned about shakeology though really made me think the price was worth it. Its made of all natural ingredients, nothing artificial whatsoever, comes in 5 flavors, 2 of them vegan (plant protein vs. whey protein, no soy), gluten free, full of vitamins and nutrients, but best of all they taste good. Promotes weightloss by curbing cravings and is low in calories and fat.
  • dithware
    dithware Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use Biochem chocolate whey protein.