To Cancel or Not

Options
Ok I signed up for ww on the intranet thinking it would be a big motivater. A month later I am using mfp just as much if not more. I barely look at my ww. I have a hard time finding my food on it and dont often have the time to research them so I open mfp to log my ww. I realy think I should cancel and save some money but feel like maybe Ill miss out on something from ww. Since 2008 I have gone from 215lb to my current 182.4. I use ww at the beginning but mfp has been working the past yr and 1/2 for me. I need opinions. Is there something on ww that may be helpfull that Im not getting on mfp?

Thanks yall

Replies

• Moonboots100
    Moonboots100 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Its funny Ive read your post! Ive just had my final weigh in at weight watchers tonight, decided to cancel it, because I was only going there for weigh in, I wasnt learning anything, and since joining MFP in April Ive done 3x better.
    Im confident this will continue. Save yourself some money, spend it on a swimming session or something useful to your journey. Thats my plan

xx
  • I've used both sites. I like MFP a whole lot better! I think they have more information in their database and the best part is it's FREE! Plus, the support network here is awesome! If you need advice or an answer to a nutrition question, you just post it in the forum and chances are someone will know the answer. I say cancel WW and stick with MFP!!

Kim
  • HardKnocks
    Options
    Well, what do you currently get out of ww? I've had experience with both, and mfp is a much better system. as long as you stick with it, you'll get awesome results
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I can't think of anything WW has that MFP doesn't. Except FEES!!!! LOL I'd cancel f I were you:flowerforyou:
  • ppennington
    Options
    I found this site a couple of months ago and told my friend about it. She was a member of WW and paying about $50 per month. She also said she liked this better and did cancel her membership. If I were you, I would cancel and put the money you save each month into a special savings account to pay for that little black dress or whatever that you will be buying before you know it. :laugh:
  • sorellabella
    sorellabella Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My opionion is if you have done WW for a long time you know how it works. I say save your money and if you really want to you can still calculate your pt values with your calories, fat and fiber with this food log you can still do that.

Good luck with your decision. :flowerforyou:
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Use the money that ur spending on WW on a nice outfit once you lose the weight from MFP!!! :laugh:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Ok I signed up for ww on the intranet thinking it would be a big motivater. A month later I am using mfp just as much if not more. I barely look at my ww. I have a hard time finding my food on it and dont often have the time to research them so I open mfp to log my ww. I realy think I should cancel and save some money but feel like maybe Ill miss out on something from ww. Since 2008 I have gone from 215lb to my current 182.4. I use ww at the beginning but mfp has been working the past yr and 1/2 for me. I need opinions. Is there something on ww that may be helpfull that Im not getting on mfp?

Thanks yall
    I think you know in your heart the right thing to do :) I'm looking down at dbanks80 and good point, save the money for workout stuff, new clothes, rewards etc. for all your hard work. MFP has it all! :love:
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I've been a WW subscriber on and off for almost my entire life! I get more out of this site and honestly, the members here are waaaaay nicer than over there. Sometimes their posters can get really ugly and in your face when you make mistakes. This is one thing I've really noticed here is that everyone is supportive, not critical.