Half Way, a Bit Stuck

Options
vegtabully
vegtabully Posts: 11 Member
I thought I would finally share my pics. I'm about half way to my goal and in the best shape of my adult life for sure. I'm 5'3" and I have a 17 month old, so my belly is really fighting me. My primary exercise is running; my long run is up to 6 miles. I also try to do some weights (mostly arms) at the gym at least once a week, and I found a yoga studio I'm very excited to try out. Here's my dilemma. I'm a teacher, starting work next week. I need to buy new work clothes, but I still have at least 15 lbs I want to lose. What should I do?? I really hoped I would have met my goal by now :/

SW: 176 lbs
CW: 150 lbs
Goal: 135 lbs

6f5853e6-86c5-4979-9fbe-fb6a6d9a5647_zps571da78a.jpg

image_zps5ac619c1.jpg

image_zps434381e0.jpg

Replies

• dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I would probably hit up the thrift stores for transition clothes.

Love that happy little wrapped baby on your back. :D
  • Alicemay24
    Alicemay24 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a difference, can tell you've been working really hard! the change in your face especially is staggering!

I've been to h&m for my halfway weight before. cheap and cheerful and they size big so nice ego boost ;)
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Could you try just buying a few things cheap to hold you over for a few months? Old navy, target, walmart? Maybe check the clearance section of NY&co or the limited for a couple pairs of pants? Does anything from your old wardrobe fit? How about dresses?

Great progress by the way :)
  • AmyPearshape
    AmyPearshape Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! As for the clothes, either buy used or just don't buy too much this go-round. A couple pairs of tighter pants will go a long way. BTW, our numbers are the same, except I started at 179 and am a little shorter. I'd like to be 145 by Sept. 1. The weight loss does seem to slow as you get closer to goal. Every week you maintain is also a victory. But you'll get there!
  • kittenkris
    kittenkris Posts: 112
    Options
    Hi! I'm a teacher too and my scare is not the clothes. I am afraid of getting that kid in my class that will stress me to the max and that i will start eating junk again... I have an overstuffed closet full of clothes in all sizes that I will be as I go down...most we're purchased at Goodwill. I say the same THRIFT stores.... Plus you still have a couple of weeks to go. Do not invest $$$$ in new clothes until you are done. I have found everything at thrift stores, even bought a Dolce and Gabana dress once for less than $5. I sold it on eBay for more than $100.

By the way,Nice Work on the weight loss etc.... And I love the baby too. Super cute!
  • savgar32
    savgar32 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You look great! I feel where you're coming from... Sometimes I think about the progress I've made and how much further along I could be :T but we are heading in the right direction and you look amazing! I agree with everyone else with thrift stores. If there is a Goodwill in your area I would try that... When I needed interview clothes I drove to a Goodwill that was in a nicer area of town and ended up finding a Banana Republic suit for $20! Target clearance is also good and Ross has some cute, simple dresses for $10-$15. Good luck to you!!!
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!!! =) Ive been trying not to buy too many clothes too...i agree find stuff on clearance and thrift stores are awesome too!
  • vegtabully
    vegtabully Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Yeah maybe I will hit up the thrift stores. I shop there a lot, but I hate the lack of organization! No use spending too much for in between clothes I guess. And yes, I worry about crazy kids stressing me out and causing me to gain too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!