Breakfast

Options
Hi!
I could really need your help with breakfast. I need a low cal breakfast but with the benefit of making me feel full for long. porridge doesn't seem to do the trick and now I am eating sandwiches which is no good at all. Please help.

Hanna

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with sandwiches?
    How about 2 fried eggs with a slice of Swiss and 2 strips of bacon on rye toast? That's my favorite weekend breakfast and it holds me til dinner!
    During the week I have 2 fried eggs on whole grain toast and it holds me til 1-2.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I need protein at breakfast or I'm snacky by 10am. I have a microwave egg cooker at work and have eggs on toast most mornings. Sometimes I mix it up with baked beans, or cream cheese or cottage cheese on toast.
  • Roxey7
    Roxey7 Posts: 10
    Options
    I have 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg...some salsa...2 tbs of low fat shredded mozzarella cheese and some fruit....or a green smoothie....some almonds.....or a big glass of homemade juice from the juicer - like carrot-apple-parsley-cuke
  • c_faulkenburg
    c_faulkenburg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Most days I have an apple with peanut butter and some string cheese. I have my day set up so that breakfast is before 8 am and I generally eat a mid morning snack somewhere before noon. I agree with the poster who says what's wrong with sandwiches. I'm a big fan of eating whatever I want for breakfast, yesterday it was a hamburger patty leftover from the night before.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, 2 cheese sticks, low sodium v8 juice, a handful of almonds.
  • luan999
    luan999 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    today i mixed up a banana, quarter cup of rolled oats, 4 egg whites, pinch of cinnamon, teaspoon of currants and half teaspoon of baking powder....made 2 massive pancakes ...fried in some coconut oil....some fat free vanilla syrup on top....were delicious and less than 300 calories for the 2!!!:wink:
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    egg whites with veggies?
  • lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just have eggs or eggs and a banana. For a while I microwaved 2 eggs put a slice of cheese on it and put it on a whole wheat english muffin. It was 300 calories. I was full for a long time with that.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Typical for me is 2-3 egg whites, a glass of milk and an apple, but some days, like today, it's 1/2c Greek yogurt with 1/2c frozen berries (warmed slightly with Splenda, so the juices get a bit syrupy) and 2T granola. Other times, its a quesadilla on a high fiber tortilla.

Eat what you want...if you like a sandwich for breakfast (or leftovers) and its sensible, then eat it. I eat a salad for breakfast every now and again...
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Protein, Protein, Protein. What you are eating fills you up for a short while, then the insulin drops, you are hungry again. If you really
    want your porridge, then add a couple eggs on the side.

Whatever you chose, eat protein. My favorite breakfast in the world, is low-carb pancakes made from ground flax, ground almonds, and coconut flour with sugar free syrup and 2 scrambled eggs with turkey sausage. I feel like I went out to a restaurant when I enjoy this! There are tons of recipes online for healthy pancakes. Make up a bunch of the dry mix and just add the eggs/milk (or water) and enjoy. You can even precook about 3 days worth and warm in the microwave while you scramble eggs. Or even precook the eggs for quick warming.

Eggs or meat will keep you full. The high fiber pancakes will too.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Oats are great, but def work some eggs into your breakfast and don't be scared of the yolks, they contain great fat-soluble vitamins and enzymes. Also you might want to into some meat like 2 strips of bacon or some turkey sausage.
  • Hannastyrbjorn
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Great tips :)
  • KY2022runner
    KY2022runner Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    do thsoe microwave things for eggs work? i would like to maybe make a quick omlet at work because i never seem to be hungry first thing in the morning.
  • LLT57
    LLT57 Posts: 21
    Options
    I make a big pot of vegetable soup at the beginning of the week and have a bowl every morning during the week. I find that it fills me up and doesn't have too many calories.
  • ParrosFan
    ParrosFan Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I make a crustless quiche prob twice a month that I can take to work all week. Egg beaters, turkey sausage crumbles, cottage cheese, swiss cheese mushrooms, green onions. Lots of protein and I'm set for the week.