Slim in 6 Workout

Options
Catvish
Catvish Posts: 24 Member
Has anyone on here ever tried the Slim in 6 workout program by Beachbody? If so, what were you thoughts on it? Did it work for you?

I ordered the program and started yesterday and did my work out this morning. So far so sore lol. Please share your success with me. I would love to hear about it. I also need more friends on here to help keep me modivated :bigsmile:. Please add me if you would like! :smile:

Replies

• carrielynnefl
    Options
    Hello! I have been doing Slim in 6 a little over a month now. I was doing it 6 days a week but I fell off track and have been doing it anywhere from 2-5 days a week. I plan on starting back to the 6 days a week next Tuesday because I like Monday's to be my off day. I remember the first week I was sooo sore the first two days. The third day I almost did not do the work out, I am glad I did because for some reason the soreness went away after the third workout. I started Ramp it Up on the end of the first week and I plan on doing it for at least another 2-3 weeks. I have lost some weight and inches :)
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I would like to watch your progress as I was thinking of getting it as well. looks like we have the same goals.....
  • soccermom1013
    soccermom1013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just consulted with a friend outside of MFP about Slim in 6. I to have thoought about trying it. What are your thoughts? Are the workouts managable? I always lose motivation. I can handle being sore, but are the workouts boring?
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I did it a long time ago. I don't remember how much weight I lost but I do remember it doing awesome things for my legs and butt.Si6 is a little boring,I would always play my own music over it because theirs is horrible.I plan on doing the program again after I finish 30 day shred.
  • 1piewacket
    1piewacket Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Slim in 6 off and on for a few years now, and I'm currently in week 4 of my most recent 6 week stint. It's an awesome all-over workout. I agree that it gives you nicely toned, strong legs, and for me, it rounds out my sorta flat butt. I talked my husband into trying it with me; he's a runner, and he's pretty fit, and he was shocked at what a butt kicker Ramp It Up is.

I must agree, though, that doing it day after day is boring as all get out after a while. I know the routine by heart now, so sometimes I turn the sound down, and turn on the radio or an entertaining podcast to listen to while I work out; or I change the language to Spanish just to get a giggle out of the goofy dubbed voices.

If you can handle the monotony, Slim in 6 is a fantastic workout.
  • crowesnest16
    crowesnest16 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Just ordered it today for next day delivery so I can start tomorrow night! Would welcome anyone to add me to keep each other going.

Have also liked the facebook page which has lots of good ideas and hints and tips on it.

Good luck, K x
  • Catvish
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks for sharing your knowledge on Slim in 6. Just to give everyone an update...I officially started the program on July 15th. And Sunday is my rest day. Today is Day 12 and the second to last day on the "Start it UP" video. It’s about 37 minutes and that includes warm up and stretching after. It’s been hard pressing play everyday for 6 out of the 7 days of the week but I just keep pressing play and follow the workouts. Overall the moves are very straight forward and are nothing fancy or hard to keep up with. I enjoy following the instructor and her "side kicks"... I know it sounds corny but I find them to have a friendly and inviting appearance... (Just avg Jane’s and Joes). I did try to do "Ramp it up" this past Monday to give me a better kick in the butt but after finishing I knew I wont keep up with it for the entire week so I switched back to Start it Up. The schedule I’m following is 2 weeks per video so this next Monday I’ll have no choice but to start "Ramp it up" woo hoo... cant wait. :happy:

I’ve noticed about an inch lost in my legs and around my waist so far. My official weigh in is tomorrow so I’ll post more exact numbers then.
  • crowesnest16
    crowesnest16 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Great - still waiting for mine to arrive although for the last two days have been doing the routines she has posted on FB - the towel workout and the one with the planks which I thought were going to do me in! Have not managed to do the full routine but persevering and will get the planks at some stage!!!

Am also doing shakes/ smoothies for breakfast and lunch with healthy dinners, nuts and fruit snacks to give me a kick up the bum!

Only three days in to the diet change and two days of her routines - hoping the dvds will arrive today or Monday so I can get started.

Good luck x
  • Catvish
    Options
    Thats a great start. Good Luck to you as well! : )
  • sianlr87
    sianlr87 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

Glad to see others have tried and had success with Slim in 6, I'm on day 2 of the Start it Up and thought I was fairly fit... I was sore a little after my first workout and could really feel my arms working, feel less stiff after the 2nd one! Looking forward to hopefully seeing some inch loss!

Good luck everyone :)
  • Suarezmari
    Options
    I kicked off my week today (second attempt!) and hope to stick with it this time...
  • GiainJersey
    Options
    How are you doing on Slim in 6 as of today? I'm planing on starting tonight.
  • Otrogen
    Otrogen Posts: 65
    Options
    I think I got 3 weeks into it when I bought it, but the monotony kills me, and I stopped. The accompanying music is indeed terrible. I've seen good results of the friends who stick with it, and I'd say it was decent, but it's what helped me discover that taped repetitive routines just aren't for me.
  • Catvish
    Options
    I think I got 3 weeks into it when I bought it, but the monotony kills me, and I stopped. The accompanying music is indeed terrible. I've seen good results of the friends who stick with it, and I'd say it was decent, but it's what helped me discover that taped repetitive routines just aren't for me.

I completely understand where your coming from. I had the same problem. I ended up turning the music off and played my own music in the background that was very upbeat and made me feel like dancing. It helped me pull through to the final strech :)
  • cassi9879
    cassi9879 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I never do the music on workout videos; I just can't stand them! I'm in my last 2 weeks of Slim in 6. Burn It Up! has me scratching my head trying to figure out how to do the moves.
  • shampooplanet
    shampooplanet Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I have Slim in 6 as well. I think I agree with what everyone is saying. It's a bit monotonous & the music is awful, but you can shut it off & put something else on. My only real complaint, though, is that I think she rushes through the stretches. I think you need to hold them a bit longer to get any real benefit. I understand that the point is to get a full workout done in about half an hour, but that's where I would make changes. And I do! I'm still 3 stretches behind when the DVD is over. But that's ok. I do think it works, and that's the important part to me.
  • mancunianpoodle
    mancunianpoodle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm based in the UK & have just ordered Si6. I saw an infomercial for it for the first time last week, then there was a banner advertising it on MFP.
    My Aunt, who lives in Canada, did Si6 and really enjoyed it.
    I have taken on board comments about the music, so I shall get my iPod ready!!

Has anyone here bought Si6 in the UK? Did it work on your DVD player or did you put it on your PC?
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I would love to know, what about the advert led you to buying the program?
  • mancunianpoodle
    mancunianpoodle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Infomercial wise it seemed like the level of work out I could cope with (I am unfit and obese) and a hell of a lot less scary than the Insanity Informercials I've seen!!!

But to be honest, what really persuaded me to buy it was the recommendation from my Aunt, as she is in her late 60s and not overly fit and I thought if she can do it, then I can do it :) As long as I stick to the schedule :))))
  • pmalcolm
    pmalcolm Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am on day 4 of SI6 and so far I am enjoying it because I can do it. I found 30 DS good but scary , I want to do SI6 because I know I am working out and I can do the moves. I hadn't worked out for a while and tend to get a bit demotivated so this is a good start. I am trying to stick to it and prepare for the monotony. to be honest, I feel better already, a bit looser which is a good thing. My problem is the eating. Not doing so well on that front.

I will update you further