This is my first week!!!!

Options
Lidalu
Lidalu Posts: 4 Member
I am so excited by my results so far! I have really kept up with my diet (when I usually quit after a day or two) and have lost 3lbs and 5 inches. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can! One question - I am hungry all of the time. Is that normal in the beginning? I am only talking in about 1200 calories a day, trying to make super healthful choices, and I am not really working out at this time. What do you think?

Replies

• luulu1999
    luulu1999 Posts: 119
    Options
    Congrats on sticking with it!! I know how you feel with that I have been doing it almost two months and I am so proud of my self.....still have a life time to go :) I def don't know about all the expert stuff but I will say....I can be starving and Ill do the 30 day shred video and when I get done Im not hungry any more also are you drinking lots of water that is suppose to make you not be as hungry also
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Why is your calories at 1200? Are you aiming for a big weight loss per week? I don't know what you weigh but if your hungry at 1200 calories. Maybe you should consider only aiming for 1 pound per week and I believe a person is moe likely to stic with it if they are not hungry.
  • JSA17
    JSA17 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    When I first started my "diet" I was only eating Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. NO snacks. I was starving!! But I lost an average of 5lbs per week. The first two weeks were horrible. My stomach was growling, etc. But I just kept telling myself to push through it. Once the third week hit I guess my stomach started to shrink and all I could eat was Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.....still no snacks. I would be full if I tried to eat anything else. For me, it worked. But everyone is different.
  • suzmedder
    suzmedder Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That's a great start! Are you drinking plenty of water too? That usually gets rid of hunger as sometimes the 'hunger' is just that
    you are thirsty!

I am on 1200 cals a day too but do exercise mosts days, even if it is just a brisk walk part way into work, it gives you some more calories to play with and obviously does you good!

Feel free to add me as a friend too, my diary is open so you can see what I am eating.

I have a bad sweet tooth and I find GRaze boxes work for me (in UK), low fat, healthy and calories snacking :)
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Try foods high in protein so you feel fuller for longer...
  • Carmella9
    Carmella9 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I find the days that I work out I am a lot less hungry, I think it suppresses your appetite, and takes your mind off of food :)
  • ames8311
    ames8311 Posts: 15
    Options
    This is my first week too!
    I have not seen any progress yet, but I am finding drinking water and snacking on healthy foods which i only allow if I halve my large meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
    Also excercising everyday has made me less hungry, which seems a little bizarre :)
  • britgirl20
    Options
    Congratulations!.I've recently restarted MFP and have also lost 3lbs. I upped my calories from 1200 to 1300 as I felt I was plateau-ing and increased the exercise I do (which isn't much). I'm hoping to lose a lb this week.:smile:
  • Lidalu
    Lidalu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the tips, everyone! I am still figuring out this website and didn't realize until today that anyone responded to my post! I have not really been exercising, per say, but I have literally been running around all week with VBS for my church - I am sure I burned some calories that way. I use to work out, Jazzercise, jogging, weight lifting - and for me - it made me much hungrier. I am going to try to get down to my goal weight mainly through diet changes and then add and exercise routine and up the calories to maintain. I am starting to get use to feeling hungry and feel very uncomfortable when I am full. Not sure if that is good or not, but it is definitely working. Already lost 2 more pounds for a total of 5 in 11 days.
  • Suerhv
    Suerhv Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yes, 1200 is hard for me...I am definitely hungry, so I upped it to a lower weightloss/week and rounded to 1400-1500...and I eat back my exercise...if not I am starving...also it depends what you are eating and how often as the others said, you need to space out your meals/snacks and make sure you are eating enough protein and veggies etc. that will fill you up.... Good luck!! I was losing well earlier this year and took a break and gained some back since I went back to old bad habits...
  • 32now
    32now Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    what is the 30 day video?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!