Envelope Glue

Options
Bumdrahp
Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
Hey Guys, I am just making sure I get all my calories accounted for...

Just wondering, are there any calories in envelope glue? I lick them sh!ts all day long.. maybe it's why I am not losing anymore weight?

Replies

• TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Never really thought about it but I know they sell sponges at Office Depot that lick them for you ;)
  • michelledusik
    michelledusik Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    LOL - not sure, but I DO know that it contains gluten. :)
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Just spit after each envelope. You'll be fine.
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    Oh noooo. I bet they don't have a sugar free or gluten free envelope glue alternative.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Yep. It's the glue.
    gifByrdiagree.gif
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I was going to answer this with pure speculation, but the thought of licking envelopes all day made me throw up a little, so now I have to go subtract calories from my diary. Good luck in your quest.
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    It has to be! it can't possibly be the chipotle.
  • KimINfortheWin
    KimINfortheWin Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You really don't want to lick the envelope glue.

This was the first thing I hit on Google:
    "THE GUM on British stamps is composed of polyvinyl alcohol and dextrin. The dextrin is derived from starch (e.g. potato) and the vinyl alcohol is a synthetic derived from petroleum. The gum used on ready-stamped stationery items is a blend of polyvinyl acetate and dextrin with the exception of aerogrammes, where the gum is a blend of polyvinyl acetate and polyvinyl alcohol. Slimmers may be interested to know that a single standard postage stamp contains 5.9 calories and Special or Commemorative stamps 14.5 calories."

Also, because envelope glue is not considered a food source, they don't have to maintain sanitary conditions as such. There are stories all over the web about dead rats in the glue etc.
  • shawnmsaunders
    shawnmsaunders Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Don't lick that crap!!! It's horse sludge. Def. get an envelope sponge.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    George's fiance died licking envelope glue. I'd be more worried about that.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Oh my god, DON'T LICK THE ENVELOPES PLEASE, PEOPLE! My father in law works for an envelope-making/paper products company and you don't even wanna know what's in the envelope glue. YOU DON'T WANNA KNOW.
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    Lmao!!
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    George's fiance died licking envelope glue. I'd be more worried about that.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, DON'T LICK THE ENVELOPES PLEASE, PEOPLE! My father in law works for an envelope-making/paper products company and you don't even wanna know what's in the envelope glue. YOU DON'T WANNA KNOW.

Well now I HAVE to know!
  • Shellz31
    Shellz31 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Oh God, I thought this was a joke until I googled it and most sites seems to say there are either 4-5 calories per envelope or 17 calories! :noway: I think you better start doing what I used to do at my temp job and moisten a paper towel and use the towel to wet the envelope.

http://www.ask.com/question/calories-from-licking-envelopes
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    Oh God, I thought this was a joke until I googled it and most sites seems to say there are either 4-5 calories per envelope or 17 calories! :noway: I think you better start doing what I used to do at my temp job and moisten a paper towel and use the towel to wet the envelope.

http://www.ask.com/question/calories-from-licking-envelopes

well, ****.. it was a joke..

but, I do have to lick envelopes sometimes.. i'm totally skeeved haha jokes on me.
  • Melissa11412
    Melissa11412 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmm......dat glue

14klf03.gif
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Great now I am hungry for envelope glue.:mad:
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options