hamburger meat tonight...

Options
I have 970 cal, 145 carb, 29 fat, 30 protein, 539 sodium, and negative 32 for sugar.

we have hamburger meat set out. what should I do with it tonight? im trying to eat light (but not too light) for weigh in tomorrow. and i really dont want to go over my sodium (gone over too many times this week) so if anyone knows of anything that fits within my number, id appreciate it!

Replies

• Estrie123
    Options
    What i do for myself, cause my family isnt doing this with me, i would take one serving of hambuger meat and cook it up. I have a no salt seasoning i use and garlic powder, not garlic salt. Get one serving of lettuce or spinch, which ever you like. So then I would add about 1/3 cup of rice, one serving of cheese, and mix it all together. I would then top it with salsa. Depending on your calories, some pinto beans would work good instead of the rice. Either way, you have a nice mexican salad and it really does make for a big serving. its one of my favorite things to eat. I've even made this with ground turkey and ground turkey sasuage.

This is just one idea. Enjoy your dinner tonight :bigsmile:
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Taco salad? You could season the meat up with some cumin and chile powder for a tex mex flavor that wont add sodium. Eat it over your favorite salad fixings with some sour cream flavored with the same spices. Crunch up a few tortilla chips on top as well. Add in some rinsed black beans and it is super yummy! Not a whole lot of calories if you don't use too much meat.
  • suzyanne
    Options
    Yup. Taco salad, or similar. If you can keep your beef seasonings very low in sodium, you're good to go! Fry up the beef and season it to your liking. Garlic powder, chili powder, maybe some onion chopped up in it.

Chop up some lettuce, dice some tomatos and peppers. make a nice big salad with your greens and throw on a serving of the prepared beef. Put some grated cheese on top, a dollop of low fat sour cream and fresh salsa. YUMMY!!! You can have a huge salad for around 600-700 calories. Just be careful what seasonings you use to control your sodium. Otherwise..enjoy!!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I'd either do taco salad or grill some burgers and serve with whole wheat buns and sweet potato fries (unless that is too many carbs, then I'd do a side salad)
  • bethanybclayton
    Options
    I would just make it into a patty and broil it, and then eat it with mustard like a bunless burger, and then have salad...I do that like once a week
  • Natalie511
    Natalie511 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Taco lettuce wraps...a little meat...and little sauce and some lettuce and cheese...good for you and cheap...lol