Herbalife?

Options
2»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i guarantee one thing will be lighter.....your wallet.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options

You can call anything someone sells from one of those companies a pyramid scheme. I sold avon for years, same concept.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    No.

No.

No.
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options
    My mom started it in the beginning of summer when my cousin recommended it. I tried it with her, I was super excited for it. I read online that cookies And creme was the best and when I tried it DX I gagged! It was super nastyyy! My mom was like "oh come on! Just drink it!" And I little teared up and threw it out and the after taste was even worse!

My mom though somehow could tolerate it. "It's pretty good after a while..." She told me.

Long story short, I gave up the diet after 1 day and my mom did it for 1.5 weeks before stopping.

So... Do I recommend it? No. Absolutely, not.

Thanks for your input. I've tried cookies n cream in other shakes and its was pretty disappointing. I have already tried one of the shakes and it was good, of course it was mixed with blue berries.
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options
    I don't think this program is good for long term, sustained weight loss. The only way you can keep the weight off is with a lifestyle change. The change has to come from within YOU, not from a program. (just my opinion)

This is a great comment and I agree
    I brought 10 bootcamp sessions once and I really enjoyed the bootcamp BUT the underline was they where constantly trying to push us to buy/use herblife - I tired the shake as a 'after workout snack/recovery' and sure it was 'nice' but i ended up going home and snacking on 'real' food! Therefore spend the money on great fresh, real food that nourishes and see the difference in your weight without using shakes etc.. :)

Yea I've been doing the whole "real food" thing for along time now and I actually weight more and have more fat than when I ate alot of frozen food. Weird isn't it?
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I've not done herbalife but I did Herbal Magic. Not sure if the systems are similar. Herbal Magic had bars and shakes and a meal plan that told you how many servings of meat, dairy, veggie and fruit you had to have a day. You logged all your food in a diary and went for weigh ins and measurements several times a week. You also had to buy a LOT of supplements. I lost quite a bit of weight on it but had to quit because I couldn't afford the costs anymore. I continued to follow the diet and went the GNC and bought similar pills, (chromium, CLA) and the weight loss continued.

Fast forward three years. I stopped logging my food, I stopped exercising and I stopped taking all forms of pills and I put all the weight back on plus 10 lbs. :-(

So here I am on MFP. Just eating normally, no pills, no "food formula", just eating what I want within my calorie allotment and I'm down 27 lbs right now. As with all diets, they usually work until you stop doing them. I'm hoping this time around because I'm not doing anything specific, that I eat what I like, that I will be less likely to gain it back. Only time will tell.
  • recriger
    recriger Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I tried it a long time ago, around 2000. I lost quite a bit, 30 pounds in a little over 2 months. I kept it off since I joined a gym as I was finishing. Somewhere around 2003 they were required to change some ingredients. Ephedra i believe it was. I tried the program again around 2005, I had moved to a small town without a gym and put on a few pounds. The second time I tried it was after the previously mentioned recipe change. I got nothing out of it that time around except the jitters.

Looking back (hindsight being 20/20 and all:) i don't know for sure if it was simple motivation that made me lose the weight (23 and single in southern California) or the supliments. Take that for what you will. I lost weight while taking it is the main memory I have. I believe now that it was more the convenience of the shakes and all the available snacks that were already planned out for me. Can't say that I really knew at the time where to start on my own.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I tried it a long time ago, around 2000. I lost quite a bit, 30 pounds in a little over 2 months. I kept it off since I joined a gym as I was finishing. Somewhere around 2003 they were required to change some ingredients. Ephedra i believe it was. I tried the program again around 2005, I had moved to a small town without a gym and put on a few pounds. The second time I tried it was after the previously mentioned recipe change. I got nothing out of it that time around except the jitters.

Looking back (hindsight being 20/20 and all:) i don't know for sure if it was simple motivation that made me lose the weight (23 and single in southern California) or the supliments. Take that for what you will. I lost weight while taking it is the main memory I have. I believe now that it was more the convenience of the shakes and all the available snacks that were already planned out for me. Can't say that I really knew at the time where to start on my own.

Ephedra was an absolutely insane supplement that absolutely helped weight loss....it also killed people though too.
  • recriger
    recriger Posts: 245 Member
    Options

Ephedra was an absolutely insane supplement that absolutely helped weight loss....it also killed people though too.

Yeah, I remember the stuff. I tried Ripped Fuel (original recipe) in 1998 when I was stationed in Japan. It worked great, until the base exchange pulled it from the shelves at least. 2 guys had heart attacks withing a week of each other.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Yeah, I remember the stuff. I tried Ripped Fuel (original recipe) in 1998 when I was stationed in Japan. It worked great, until the base exchange pulled it from the shelves at least. 2 guys had heart attacks withing a week of each other.

It wasn't necessarily heart attacks all the time either. Ephedra (from what I remember) was a thermogenic and trapped body heat. I remember pro-athletes heat stroking out on it.
  • wannabhealthy50
    wannabhealthy50 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    IMHO, you are wasting your time and money! Eat properly and healthy and exercise. That's the only way for truly sustained weight loss and health!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I don't think this program is good for long term, sustained weight loss. The only way you can keep the weight off is with a lifestyle change. The change has to come from within YOU, not from a program. (just my opinion)

This is a great comment and I agree
    I brought 10 bootcamp sessions once and I really enjoyed the bootcamp BUT the underline was they where constantly trying to push us to buy/use herblife - I tired the shake as a 'after workout snack/recovery' and sure it was 'nice' but i ended up going home and snacking on 'real' food! Therefore spend the money on great fresh, real food that nourishes and see the difference in your weight without using shakes etc.. :)

Yea I've been doing the whole "real food" thing for along time now and I actually weight more and have more fat than when I ate alot of frozen food. Weird isn't it?

you are eating more than you burn ...simple..
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    She's made up her mind about it, don't bother trying to bring logic or anything like that into the conversation. Let her do it, lose water weight, and then come back when she gains all the weight back. Some people just have to learn the hard way :grumble:

OP: I have a family member that's done all the "meal replacement" diets on the planet. It's simple: calories in vs. calories out. Yeah, you'll lose weight on herbalife because you'll be consuming fewer calories. Duh. However, are you gonna drink those the rest of your life? Once you start eating real food again, you'll gain it right back because you still won't have learned how to moderate your consumption.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Threw up my first two shakes - never again!

And to think my rep told me I made them wrong - um... water, ice, blend. How hard is that?

Waste of money OP, i'll go ahead and give you my paypal address if you want to send me the money instead.
  • auria17
    auria17 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I was a rep a long time ago, it is quite expensive, I think you could do it on your own for less and with better ingredients. Also I suspect that during the time I took it I had a severe stomach ache from something in the shake.

That said some of their products are great! the thermogenics tea is the best!
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options
    Once you start eating real food again, you'll gain it right back because you still won't have learned how to moderate your consumption.

oh because you know what I can and cant learn. Thanks. See above post about how I lost weight doing a similar diet and kept it off for along time. Also since when is eating 1500 calories alot? That's what I eat everyday, some days less, and one day a week 1800. I guess I'll never learn moderation since I eat so goddamn much.