How often...

Options
ewarlow
ewarlow Posts: 71 Member
Do you and your SO get intimate?

Id prefer to see responses from people who have young children and both work..

Ugh!

No sex = stress = eating more!

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    No, no time.

I just have to work one out in the shower.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Well... I don't have kids, but I do work full time and spend a whole lot of time in the gym.

So we get ''intimate'' about once a week, sometimes twice if we have enough energy left lol

Some nights we just want to cuddle (I say we but honestly it's me, sometimes when I get back from the gym after a long day of work I just wanna take a bath and lay down in bed lol)
  • Parmcat
    Parmcat Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Two boys, 12 and 9. I work straight nights, she works Mon-Fri days..

We are like 2 ships passing in the night....so...not often enough....but when we can "squeeze" it in....lol

ETA----4-6x month
  • Dr_Waffles
    Dr_Waffles Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    im divorced now, but when i was married after my son was born it was few and far between.

does this mean kids ruin your sex life. maybe
  • lairyliam
    lairyliam Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    try for once a week... in reality, lucky if its every 6, has been a bit better over last month tho. kids of 2 and 4....
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    This week's version of the same topic...hooray!

3-5 times a week, four kids (8-17), several kids home schooled. Lately more toward five than three, we are on a good streak.

If you want more detail you have to pay for it.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Kids-
    9 almost 10, 6 and 5.
    They all go to bed at 8:30 (the key to why we have ANY alone time)
    Both of us work out to our fullest and lack energy in the evening.
    1x per week.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Frequently. We don't have children but we both work. Weekends are especially nice.
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Two kids, 4 & 9. Hubby is full time, I am part time. About 3 times a week. Except this week. He's out of town, that means I'm frustrated.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    We have 3 little ones, 6, 3 and 3 months, I'm a sahm and my hubby works full time + over time. before having little one number 3 it was at least 3-4 times a week (though pregnancy did muck that up). Now its around 2 times a week mostly due to feeding schedule and far to late of bed time. We both try very hard to give intimate 'hints' during the day so when time finally comes we put in the effort to be awake and playful about it.

Couldnt agree more no sex means stress and that effects far too many other areas of life, its hard to keep it going and find the time and energy but just like working out and eating right its possible if wanted badly enough.
  • Naywifey07
    Naywifey07 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    For some reason for the past 2 months my mojo had left... I was really on my A game with working out.... I was sort of even embarrassed to ask why isnt my drive up but I had been working out.. But anywho Im back on the scene. Between work schedules I say about 2-4 a month...
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    Me and my boyfriend been together a little over 6 years, Im 25 and he just turned 30. We have a 4 year old together,

We have sex every week between 1-3 times a week, In the summer its more like 1-2 times a week because its so hot lol but definitely every week.

He works about 55 hours a week and i work 40 hours a week. We made this work because i made sure our son was going to be sleeping in his own room and STAYING in his room at night. No kids sleeping in our bed lol
  • Leah_Brooke
    Leah_Brooke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Literally every night. You have to MAKE time...
    I have a three year old & work full time.
    Do something fun & spontanious!
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Husband works 60-80 hours a week, I am a stay at home mom. 2 Kids 7 and 5. At least 3 times a week but we really try for daily. Even just a quicky. It makes us both feel better if we are intimate often, and it results in us generally being better at everything else. It's like working out, it makes me a better wife, mom, sister, daughter, and person if I do that for me. We also do like CLFrancois and put our kids to bed between 8-8:30 so we have a couple hours at night to be adults.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    When I was married, it was pretty often. Sometimes we'd have to lock the bedroom door and tell the kids we were talking, and we'd be right out. That was fun when my daughter told my mother-in-law about how we lock the door to have our secret talks. Take it when you can get it!
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    some weeks good, some weeks so so....good weeks: every night so so weeks: at least 2-3 times
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Three kids: 15, 5, and 2 & 1/2.

I work full-time.

He runs his own very successful tree service, which is pretty demanding mentally and physically.

Once a week, two tops.

But I ain't complainin'. Used to be < once a month. :(
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I know this baby is going to kill what little we have, and it will all be due to his lack of interest. I guess I'll have to settle for my loves Mr. Hitachi and little Lelo.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    kids 13, 10,6......every other weekish at best.
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Married w/ 2 kids a 10 year old and a 18 year old we are getting ready to send off to college. We both work 40+ hours a week and workout regularly. We shoot for 3 times a week minimum, sometimes it's less sometimes it's more....however, that's just "getting it in" :laugh: we do lot's of "other stuff" in between that which I guess would count as "intimate" too! :bigsmile: So if you count the extra's, then on average I'd say we're "intimate" at least 3-5 a week!