Chocolate :/

Options
Ok so i admitt i am abit of a "chocoholic" so to speak...I need some advice, would you cut out chocolate all together out of your diet or limit urself to say once or twice a week, or do u think a little chocolate now and again won't hurt. Im trying to enjoy the whole diet thing and not see it as such a chore, but literally not eating chocolate makes me miserable :( (sad i know), the GU american cheesecake sitting in my fridge everytime i open it, really isnt helping the situation i must say! Also for any ladies who know what its like during the dreaded "time of the month" will perhaps sympathise with me when i say...chocolate is a must during this time! HELP!

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is completely fine, even if you want to eat it every day, just account for it and fit it into your macros and calories, simple as that. You don't need to deprive yourself of anything to be healthy.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Personally, I had to cut the lot out as having just a little each day, made me crave more and more.

The only time I have eaten chocolate is when I have had a chocolate covered ice-cream such as a Magnum choc-ice, other than that, it is just better for me that I do not start :laugh:
  • sbaldino29
    sbaldino29 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate every day - one serving of 72% cacao ( I like Ghiradelli Twilight). I make sure it fits my calorie budget and i've lost 37 pounds so far so I think it's ok.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Eat chocolate! Dark is more nutritious
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    As stated above, unless it triggers cravings and binging, which is me, it's fine as long as you fit it in.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    embrace it, sister. embrace it.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    I plan for it. Make it fit within my cals. I only eat dark chocolate, I only eat an oz or less.

After all who wants to live in a world without chocolate, not me. And I need about an oz. of a good red wine with that. Totally heart healthy snacking.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I eat it most days. Just a square or two of dark chocolate at the end of the day. It's a signal to me that the day is over, I've had a treat, and life is good.

There is no reason you can't fit in the things you love. I've lost 20+ lbs while enjoying chocolate, wine, beer, pasta, etc....
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    if you can control yourself, have a little bit every day. I can't control myself lol so I only have it every few days. I found this recipe that kinda helps and doesn't make me feel too guilty:

Protein Powder Cookie in a Bowl
    1tsp butter (real butter)
    1/2 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder (half of a 30g scoop)
    few drops of water

In a microwave safe bowl heat the butter in the microwave until melted. Add the protein powder and mix, it'll be really dry so add just a couple of drops of water to it til you can kinda form it in a ball. Microwave for about 20 seconds. Enjoy! its not a perfect texture or taste but for under 100 calories and 10 grams of protein you can't go wrong! (can use any flavor of protein powder, I've tried vanilla too but I prefer the chocolate)
  • LAW_714
    LAW_714 Posts: 258
    Options
    I eat chocolate regularly. I just count it in my calories.

Sometimes it's 1 square of Lindt "Touch of Sea Salt" (mmm!) or a dark chocolate truffle. Other times it's a square of Ghirardelli 72% melted and mixed with plain yogurt (yum!), but I haven't given up chocolate.
  • pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate every day
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Figure out what works for you. If chocolate turns you into a ravenous beast and you can't stop eating it, it might be worth removing it from your house until you can learn to control yourself around it; try getting a small chocolate something while eating out or running errands, making sure it's SMALL and that you can't obtain any more to help train your trigger. If you can control yourself around it already, find small serving size and have a bit daily: I like the Ghiradelli squares because the 60% cocoa ones are 50 calories each for a surprising amount of chocolate. Woo hoo!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate or ice cream every day. Trick is to account for it in your daily calories. When I was eating at a low 1200 (which sucked for me, btw) I was still able to fit in chocolate chips to train myself into eating small amts(regular portions). There was no way in hell I was changing my lifestyle without chocolate.
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Love the stuff. I don’t keep it around because I know I will overindulge. I do keep sugar free fudge pops on hand & generally use that to satisfy my chocolate late night cravings. They are very low in calories & definitely taste chocolaty. I also eat the skinny cow heavenly crisp wafer chocolate bars if I have them around.