8 wk Metabolic Results Measurements and Pics

Options
LauraBalyk
LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
I started my weight loss journey in January 2013, but have fell off the wagon many times. I tried joining weight watchers for two months and found that nothing happened, no inches lost, no weight loss, no nothing. I use myfitnesspal everyday for logging food but I lack motivation for going to the gym. On May 27th I decided that I was going to take part in a “8 Week Metabolic Challenge”. I work at the YMCA and since I am an employee we are able to take courses for free, which is an amazing bonus. So on May 27th I met with the coach, Deborah, an awesome spunky UK fitness trainer that had just moved to Moose Jaw. My first time meeting her I thought “this is going to be fun”. Our first day we had a private meeting before class and we had our weigh in and measurements. I was terrified, I knew that I was heavy, but compared to Deb, I felt like I was a whale. Well after 8 weeks of the metabolic class, three workouts a week (tried to make it to them each week, had some weeks were it would only be once, or twice, but I tried) and eating healthy I am down 9 pounds and 12.3 inches overall.

Here is the breakdown and some before and after pictures.
I don’t know if I notice too much, but it is a work in progress ! All pictures on the left are the before pictures, the shots on the right are the after photos. First time uploading pictures, so hopefully it works !!

Weight before: 266.4lbs
Weight after: 257.6lbs
Total down 8.8lbs

Wrist before: 7.2 inches
Wrist after: 7.0 inches
Total down 0.2inches

Hip before: 51 inches
Hip after: 50.5 inches
Total down 0.5 inches

Forearm before: 11.5 inches
forearm after: 11.0 inches
Total down 0.5 inches

Upper arm before: 15.2 inches
Upper arm after: 13.5 inches
Total down 1.7 inches

Chest before: 46 inches
Chest after: 43 inches
Total down 3.0 inches

Thigh before: 31.2 inches
Thigh after: 28.8 inches
Total down 2.4 inches

Total down: 12.3 inches and 8.8lbs !

Hope the pictures work !!

30m1iec.jpg

n2n7nk.jpg

2rpb1oi.jpg

Replies

• viglet
    viglet Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Way to freaking go homie! You are looking awesome!!!

If you can do this for 8 weeks, you can totally do it for 8 more... and then 8 more ... and then forever!
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    GREAT results!!! keep up the good work!!
  • sarahsunshine1217
    sarahsunshine1217 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    awesome job girly!
  • phenny86
    phenny86 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!