It fit!

Options
Okay, so I got gift cards to the Dress Barn (I love that store!) and I found a dress I really liked. The lady asked what size I needed and I said 14. She looked me up and down and said, "How about a 10 or 12?" Ha! A 10! Yeah right! I tried the 12 on first and it fit! I was pretty excited about that since I have been a 14 for about ten years or so. I tried on the 10, not believing it would even go over my chest! I could not believe it! It was a perfect fit! I am SO excited! I don't think size 10 jeans would fit yet but I might try them soon! Who knows? I might get another surprise! :bigsmile:

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I got gift cards to the Dress Barn (I love that store!) and I found a dress I really liked. The lady asked what size I needed and I said 14. She looked me up and down and said, "How about a 10 or 12?" Ha! A 10! Yeah right! I tried the 12 on first and it fit! I was pretty excited about that since I have been a 14 for about ten years or so. I tried on the 10, not believing it would even go over my chest! I could not believe it! It was a perfect fit! I am SO excited! I don't think size 10 jeans would fit yet but I might try them soon! Who knows? I might get another surprise! :bigsmile:
  • rodeoruss
    Options
    Congrats, I know the feeling as I look forward to getting back into a pair of my old 34's than back to 32's that I wore some 10 years ago. God willing maybee even have to buy some 30's like I wore some 10 years before that. Its just sad it took me two sizes and 10 years to realise I had to change. guess it was that sudden change in the time from the last up size I had to do that really hit thought. shoot I didn't even got the chance to wear out the fairly new pair of 34's. spose I might get the chance to wear 'em some on the way down.
  • jessjess
    Options
    Yaaaa! Good job!! That's so exciting. I'm holding off a bit before I try on new sizes, but am right there with ya. How great would it be to be in single-digit sizes??!! I haven't been in a single-digit size since about 5th grade. Haha! We'll get there. Keep doing what you're doing!
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You bum. lol (only because I'm jealous, I don't like Christmas - it's way too hard to stay motivated- but you've done it!) Way to go, and keep up the good work! :happy:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Congrats Mechanicmom! That is super!. I haven't had the courage to go out dress shopping. I have had to get new pants, because what I had didn't fit anymore, that was fun. I have more problems losing on top than on the bottom half. I'm sooo happy for you!