which is better choice?

Options
potato soup or fries? i think fries are worse being fried but maybe soup is worse being creamy. maybe they're equally bad...

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Likely equally bad. Heavy cream vs. Fried = pretty equal.
  • rachso
    rachso Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Both are bad but Potato soup tastes better and you can decrease the amount of cream, etc to help a lil. I also think its more filling so I woudl be eating less calories as I wouldnt be reaching for a snack or whole other meal an hour later.
  • HacheraTsarine
    HacheraTsarine Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Are you ordering them or are you cooking them?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Whichever fits your macronutrient goals for the day is the better choice.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    ... is the better choice for what?
  • LilMissDB
    LilMissDB Posts: 133
    Options
    If you are making them at home, I think you can adapt either to make both a good choice.

If you are eating out or buying packaged, it really depends on the portion. Neither will be good calories-wise. Perhaps the fries are easier to 'guess' the portion and calories than the soup - not that that necessarily makes it a better choice!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Depends what else you ate that day. Both are probably similar in terms of fat and carbs. The soup may have more micronutrients and fibre if there are other veggies in there.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Whether they are good or bad completely depends on how they fit into the context of your diet for the day. For example, many people consider butter to be bad because it is pure fat, but if it's the end of the day, and you're short 20g on your fat goal and 15g of carbs, then 2tbsp of butter on a slice of bread would be a good choice...
  • angieiam7
    angieiam7 Posts: 5
    Options
    thanks everyone :smile:
  • charseekingchar
    Options
    What kind of fries? You can make healthy fries by drizzling a bit of olive oil on them and baking them. I think potato soup is also really thick because of the heavy cream which is a no no. I'd read ingredients if you can to get a better idea.
  • Alice_rio
    Alice_rio Posts: 17
    Options
    Both are unhealthy snack options. Try sweet potato instead.
  • morticia16
    morticia16 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    well, make potato soup without cream and that will make it better than fries.
  • capster
    capster Posts: 5
    Options
    potato soup or fries? i think fries are worse being fried but maybe soup is worse being creamy. maybe they're equally bad...

I'd go with Fries, depending on where they're from and how they're made. Mcdonalds, definitely not.

I usually make my own fries using organic potatoes and frying them in peanut oil. Incredibly nutritious and healthy. Chick Fil A's fries are made with peanut oil too...I think?

But chances are the soup has an ungodly amount of saturated fat and is made with lots of cream....totally worthless and definitely not good to eat when dieting.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    There also may be a HUGE amount of sodium in the soup if it's prepackaged.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Fries are hard to eat with a spoon, soup is hard to eat with a fork...