Nike Fuel Band

Options
Has anyone tried the Nike Fuel Band? I really want to try it but I'm not getting much feed back on the internet if it's good or not. I heard to track calories you need two heart beat monitors not just one so I don't know if it'd work.

Replies

• WoWkat
    WoWkat Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It's not really effective for tracking calories. It's more for the novelty of how many fuel points you can get in a day vs your friends.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    It can sort of help guesstimate your TDEE but not sure if I would trust the numbers. I have had to have mine replaced twice and I don't think it is anything but a glorified watch and pedometer. If I had to do it over again I would go with the fitbit flex.
  • iclaudia_g
    iclaudia_g Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    It's not really effective for tracking calories. It's more for the novelty of how many fuel points you can get in a day vs your friends.

I have it and it does not require an HRM and I agree with WoWkat - it's only to be used to gauge your activity level and not true calorie burn. I say you should pick a calorie intake and work with it for a month. If you don't lose, you're either not moving enough or eating too many calories for your calorie burn to be effective.
  • argos14
    argos14 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Got mine about a month ago to replace a pedometer I had. I like that you don't have to clip anything on a belt or throw a bulky pedometer in your jeans. Very motivational and allows you to "compete" with others (which helps motivate you to do more!, if you're competitive). I like the wireless sync'ing. Something I like and don't like about it but overall happy with the purchase...would love to be able to sync it to MFP.
  • gg0123
    gg0123 Posts: 2
    Options
    I totally love my Fuel Band. Just got it. I love that it has a watch. I have tried the Fitbit Flex and Jawbone and it is much more accurate. I wish I could sink it with Fitness Pal Somehow. Anyone know how to do that?
  • BOLTRAIN
    Options
    Nike.Fuel Band is great! I really enjoy using it and motivates me to keep going... Any way to sync with My Fitness Pal?