chouch potato to 5k

Options
I have just finished week 7 on c25k NHS Choices podcast and am rearing to go. I hate having rest days from running now and just want to get out there and get going. I am doing a Park run in High Wycombe in 3 weeks time and really looking forward to it. When I did my first 20 min run I was wiped out and really nervous about having to do the three 25min runs.

When I first did the 25 min run last saturday I really thought I would fail but was so happy to have completed it. It was all in the mind I think, because it was such a mile stone cross in one go. The last 2 runs of 25 mins have been great and the calves have been fine which is such a relief as when I started I could barely walk 8 mins on the treadmill.

I am so glad I found this podcast and have fallen for the lovely sounding Laura on the podcasts

For all those out there who havent tried it get going you will love it

Friend me if youwould like

Replies

• abeach1
    abeach1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear such a success story! I am only on week 2 of the C25K. I am doing okay but can't imagine those higher numbers. Great to know that it can be done even though it is scary as heck!
  • gnalani
    gnalani Posts: 126
    Options
    Great job! Those mental blocks are so much more troublesome than sore calves.
  • 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I love the C25k program, I'm just about to start week 3 myself. I'm using it to get back into running after way too many years away. Good luck on your park run!!