BEST HRM :)

Options
Okay girls && guys...my birthday is next Friday(Aug 2) && I will be the BIG "30". Guess what I am asking for....yep you got it right workout clothes and a new HRM!!! :) Say I am addicted...why YES I AM!!! I have been looking at other things like the FitBit or another brand of HRM. I have a Polar right now and I have had so many problems with it!!! What is your favorite?? FitBit, HRM(brand) or something else and why???? Okay.......GO!!!

Thanks!

Replies

• GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of my walking outside during the week (at lunchtime) and so I love my Garmin because of the GPS. I've had it for a year and a half now and have never had an issue with it!
  • dondimitri
    dondimitri Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Usually Polar HRM's are highly regarded. Along with Garmin they are often the first recommended.

What sort of problems are you having with your Polar? It is possible you have a defective unit.

I have had a number of both over the years and only issue for me is needing to wet down the strap electrodes prior to working out in order to ensure an electrical connection prior to the point where I start sweating.
  • DeterminedToLoseWeight
    Options
    I have had so many problems with my Polar FT4. I wash the strap about every 3-4 workout, I don't dry it, I let it hang dry like the directions say. It is not reading my HR, another min it says my HR is 220, then it says it is 77. It is just not reading my HR. I have had mine for a little over a year, replaced the batteries about a month ago and it still hasn't changed anything :-(
  • dondimitri
    dondimitri Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You've made sure the strap is clean and you've replaced the batteries. That's about all you can do as a consumer/user. Can you return it?

I'd hesitate to recommend another Polar to you at this point although I still feel they are one of the standards.

Here is a website with a lot of reviews of devices from a number of manufacturers: www.dcrainmaker.com

Good luck.