1st workout post c-section!

Options
I'm pretty sure I almost died. I did level 1 on the 30 day shred. I'm 230lbs so that was no easy task! I took so many breaks! ugh. I had to adjust the workout to accommodate my still sore incision site. Any other c-section mamas out there? When did your belly stop hurting during workouts? I did burn almost 250 cals in 20 min though so I am pretty proud of myself. I just have to keep going now!

Replies

• cmbellarose
    Options
    Hi there! I am right there with you. I was 225lb after my third baby, she was born in April down to 192 now. I had 3 c sections, workouts are a serious pain and I feel like I am not working hard enough. My belly does not hurt at all after a workout but maybe you should let your doctor know. But other than that in a year from now think where we would be.
  • chrystenfo
    chrystenfo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just had my baby May 16th and am back to working out. I was 195 when I gave birth. I actually started with 30 day shred too with modifications. I found that the more I did the better I felt, but I think I pushed it too soon. I had to take a break for about a week. Then I started with yoga to strengthen my core, felt I needed the support and to help with all the scar tissue. With in the last two weeks I have started liftuing and c25k. I have had no issues recently and have healed up nicely! Make sure to give yourself time to heal.
  • mommy2ellaleecozbi
    mommy2ellaleecozbi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I'm really trying not to push myself too hard but I am completely disgusted with myself and how much weight I have gained through all my 3 pregnancies! I am definitely done with babies so now I feel like I have real motivation to get fit because I'm not going to just gain it back with another pregnancy. I was 160 before my first baby so that would be wonderful to reach. My ultimate goal is 140 though. I just hope workouts start getting easier. I had rough pregnancies so I was pretty much couch bound the entire time. My muscles really hate me right now lol!