Can I even do this? HELP

Options
I had been going great since Easter.BUT the last 2 1/2 wks I stopped my C25K when i was in wk 4, I stopped all I was doing for any extra workout stuff I was doing and I have only taken 3 good walks in this time. I have lost my inner push/motivation......and I am seriously doubting myself......HELP.....I may not eat healthiest But I do know I eat small portion cuz I do measure things. I am somehow still losing a little here and there and clothes are still being loose....which is Great......my fellow MFP ers please help me.....

Replies

• dance54
    dance54 Posts: 13
    Options
    hang in there there is light at the end of the tunnel sounds like your doing half right try exercise more only thing you need now you done it before you can do it again reward well worth it.feel free add me if you like.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Yes, of course you can do this. You don't have to do it all. Just do SOMETHING today. Starting is almost always the hardest part, because we are creatures of inertia. So start. Go for one of those walks. If you feel good after a few minutes, jog for a minute. If you keep feeling good, do a little more - after all, you're already out there, why not just run for a while? But make it YOUR pace, not an arbitrary program. If you don't feel up to it, no pressure (and if you don't feel up to it at all, maybe see your doctor just to rule out any health reasons for your lack of motivation).

Sometimes the body/mind can be stubborn and we have to sneak our better habits in on it a little at a time. Once you're back into the habit of getting out there and doing it, you'll probably find the motivation to resume your program.
  • reevice
    reevice Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You got this! We all have our up's and down's, but it's important to remember that we can't just give up because we stopped working out for a week or two. We've done it once and we can do it again, let's get started on working out again! It's all apart of the weight loss journey.

When my motivation fizzles out I normally log onto my Pinterest account and search "weight loss motivation" and tons of inspirational quotes, photos, and suggestions pop up. Some of the photos even have a website linked to it so when you click on the photo it takes you to a whole website that give you health pointers/motivation.

Go rediscover your motivation!
  • SarahIluvatariel
    SarahIluvatariel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Try to make sure you're eating ENOUGH calories to still have energy to be active. I tend to get really tired and emotional if I haven't had enough calories for the day. Is it possible that that's what's pulling you down? Sometimes I have to up my calories for the day, to make sure I don't have too many deficit-side-effects.
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Take motivation out of the equation. Really.

Then tell yourself three things:

1) This won't be easy; without struggle, there is no progress
    2) Persistence will overcome everything. EVERYTHING.
    3) You can do this, minute-by-minute.
  • fenebabe
    fenebabe Posts: 7
    Options
    You can do it!! :happy:

When I lose my motivation I just try to keep going for the rest of the day. Maybe no workout but eating healthy and staying off my butt (cleaning the house instead of watching tv). Then before I go to sleep I think about what things I did that worked- skipping the donut, eating extra vegetables, not going back for seconds, taking the stairs. It's the little things I do everyday that are going to get me where I want to be. I'm proud of that, and that pride is my motivator.

That's what works for me. I congratulate myself on my successes and don't dwell on the missteps.