Can You Control WHERE You Lose Weight?

Options
So I heard that there are certain exercises a woman can do while she is trying to lose weight to keep her boobs and butt. Now I do not know if this is true, but I did read something about this. I want to lose weight but would love to control WHERE. It sounds too good to be true, but if I find that page again, I will try to incorporate those exercises that target those areas. When I was in shape in my early twenties, I had no boobs and no butt. Now I am overweight and have been blessed...lol. I want to keep my boobs and butt but obviously lose weight everywhere else.

I am thinking that there is nothing I can do, but I will try anything to sculpt my body into a perfect hour glass shape.

Anyone care to chime in?

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    No, you can't. You can do exercises to build/strengthen specific body parts, but you can't control how/where you lose.
  • cebiginalaska
    cebiginalaska Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Nope. Can't control where your body loses the weight. Only way to spot reduce is with surgery which is stupid... don't need to pay for something your body can do (lose weight) in time. Also risky because the fat they take away will be uneven and there is chance of major complications.
  • missmince
    missmince Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    It sounds too good to be true to me, too. I've seen "Lose Belly Fat Now!" so many times on the web, but it's pretty unconvincing. If my body is going to store fat in certain places (thighs, back of arms,belly pooch), and I want to lose all of it, I will end up with no chest. Sculpting a shape with exercise can help, in that even if there is some fat, the muscle makes for a better overall shape. Visceral fat (waistline) is going to increase with time no matter what you do, while breasts and butt aren't going to get bigger unless you have surgery or get fatter.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Only through surgery.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Only through surgery.

x2
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is :ohwell:

vv This
    No, you can't. You can do exercises to build/strengthen specific body parts, but you can't control how/where you lose.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    You can control the type of weight you lose. Eat at a slight deficit and strentgh train to keep as much lean body mass as possible. Doing so will slow weight loss down but burn a higher % of body fat.
  • natecar
    natecar Posts: 11
    Options
    You can control whether the weight you lose will be from your body or from your fridge.
  • Stronger_Diva
    Stronger_Diva Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Well you really can't lose weight where you want but you can do some exercises which will build the muscle underneath those areas that will give the illusion of being larger. Squats and lunges are great for the behind and doing some breast muscle weights will work for the breast muscle. Good luck!
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You can control whether the weight you lose will be from your body or from your fridge.

^^ This! You can't control where on your body you loose fat, unfortunately. You can do squats and other butt exercises in order to keep your booty and if you exercise your pectoral muscles, your boobs should look bigger.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    No, not at all.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    NOPE! Unless you have surgery.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can! You can lose weight outside, at the gym, at home, or even at work! :glasses:
  • SkagitYogini
    SkagitYogini Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    If I could, I wouldn't have lost a bra cup size!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Nope, if you could, I would have abs and really fat calves right now!
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    When you lose weight, you will lose some of your boobs.

This does not mean you'll end up flat chested.

I'd rather lose a little boobage than have the 35 lbs I lost back!
  • TotalPackageLive
    TotalPackageLive Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You can control the type of weight you lose. Eat at a slight deficit and strentgh train to keep as much lean body mass as possible. Doing so will slow weight loss down but burn a higher % of body fat.

INTERESTING, HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
  • nicolaluna
    nicolaluna Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow, I think we're unanimous here⸮

To the original poster Justice2012, I'd like to offer another suggestion. If you do decide to tone up those areas where you have fat- which is a different thing from trying to lose weight there- do a minimal but consistent workout of those areas. I decided to try to tone up my arms last year, and ended up with just huger looking arms. I stopped lifting altogether. Now I'm eating healthy again and doing just a few reps a day with small weights, and I'm seeing a difference in tone that is more satisfying, for now.

Hope this helps!

~n
  • HacheraTsarine
    HacheraTsarine Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    There's no way to control where you'll lose weight, but you can try to increase the muscular mass in your butt by doing weighted squats, deadlifts and lunges. You'll lose the fat there but your butt will look firmer and lifted.

As for boobs, I suppose that pec exercise will strengthen the muscles supporting them and they'll look perkier.

You can't control where you lose weight, but you can control - partially - your body composition with strength training.

EDIT : I didn't read the full thread and just realized somebody else said the same thing about strength training. Well, let's say I approve and emphasize the fact.