Going out to eat, stressed

I'm going out to eat tomorrow for my birthday and I feel stressed out. I know I shouldn't, but I do.. We are going to a hibachi restaurant... Any one have any tips?

Replies

• ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Tomorrow:
    1.) Set MFP to lose 0lbs
    2.) Workout
    3.) Budget your calories so you can have a big dinner
    4.) Enjoy

The next day, change it back to original settings. It's your birthday, you have the rest of the year to lose weight.

If you like shrimp, I'd order that and veggies, it's pretty low in calories compared to beef.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Tomorrow:
    1.) Set MFP to lose 0lbs
    2.) Workout
    3.) Budget your calories so you can have a big dinner
    4.) Enjoy

The next day, change it back to original settings. It's your birthday, you have the rest of the year to lose weight.

If you like shrimp, I'd order that and veggies, it's pretty low in calories compared to beef.

^ This is great advice, eat at maintenance for a day, have a light breakfast/lunch, hit the gym, and just enjoy yourself and go big at dinner, no harm no foul
  • blleadon
    blleadon Posts: 187 Member
    You can find a lot of healthy choices with hibachi. The main culprit would be the high sodium, but enjoy yourself. It's your birthday.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    In the world of restaurants hibachi actually is probably on the better end. Go light on the rice. Filet is actually a lean cut of beef if you dont want chicken or shrimp. Exercise a bit more. And enjoy yourself. It's your birthday.
  • srobinson84
    srobinson84 Posts: 39 Member
    It's one meal, one day of the year. Don't stress and enjoy yourself!