I did WHAT???

Options
I kind of just registered for the 2011 Walt Disney World Half Marathon!!!

I'm excited and a little freaked out! But I can do this!! I know I can!!

Replies

• MelissaE1214
    MelissaE1214 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That sounds really exciting. If there is anywhere I would want to do a marathon ir would absolutly be Disney World!!!
  • Buccinator
    Options
    Then there's nothing more to be said! You're registered. You can do it. Done deal. GO YOU! EXCITED! :happy:
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's great!! Congrats for taking this big step -- I KNOW you can do it!! Well done for having such faith in yourself. :)

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I wish you the best of luck!
  • Spartan621
    Spartan621 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My Sister and I did that one a few years ago. It is a GREAT event! It is really well done, and of course it has the Customer Service Disney is known for.

Hope you have a great time training and fun at the event!!!

Best of Luck
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I know I have the pacing to do it - it's all about building endurance now. And i have my training plan in place - keep doing what I'm doing, but shift the running to the plan.

I'm psyched!!!!
  • DJH510
    DJH510 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about the training, they aren't that tough if all you want to do is complete it! 6 or 7 miles ran in training is all you need to get you accross the finish line in an acceptable shape!
  • Beth720
    Options
    Thanks! I think I'm going to be using the run-walk plan in Bingham and Hadfield's "Marathoning for Mortals" for my training. Looks like my style and kind of thing.
  • starstealing
    Options
    congrats!! trust me - the after-effects are amazing. you'll feel elated!!! have fun training!!
  • iowabelle
    Options
    That's a great goal to set for yourself! I'd love to be able to do that.
  • Beth720
    Options
    i'm really pumped! And best of all, my sister is going to get up early on her day off and come BACK to her place of business (she works at Disney in scheduling) to cheer me on! :flowerforyou: I'm teary just thinking about it!
  • jenniferkaye09
    Options
    that sounds like it would be really fun!!! especiall there good luck :]