HCG DIET before pics and success stories

Options
ok i want to see some succes stories and pictures of people who where on this diet i am starting this diet tomorrow and really want to see what you guys lost so thanks if u can!!!

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I just read that HCG was found by the FDA to be fraudulent and illegal-
    HCG began being used for weight loss in the 1950s when a British physician had a theory that it could help people on a near-starvation diet not feel hungry. "Since then, a lot of research and clinical trials debunked that theory."

Samuel Klein of Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis agrees: "Data from most randomized controlled trials show that HCG is no better than placebo in achieving weight loss or reducing hunger."

It sounds risky to me. be careful!
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    This diet only allows you to eat 500 calories from what I hear...who wouldn't lose weight that way? It sounds very scary. Obviously you are grown and are going to do what you think is best, but I would be very careful!
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My husband just lost 30 lbs in 3 weeks. Im on day 5 and Im down 5 lbs. and that was with 2 bad days.
    Good luck on it.
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    By the way, Im aiming at 1200 a day.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I was reading your profile and noticed you mentioned you were a teen, please be sure to really really REALLY research this whole thing before starting it. It's one thing to play Russian roulette when your body is no longer changing but to mess with it now while your own hormones are still shifting might not be the way to go.

No one really knows the future damage it can cause those looking to get pregnant in the future and only eating 500 calories a day. :noway: It's marketed as a fertility drug and that's what it's FDA approved at not a quick diet method.

I've kept up a bit with the hcg thread (not using it merely curious of results of those that used to post about it but no longer seem to be around:frown: ) and it appears many women either are set back when in Menopause to getting their periods several times a month to others younger stopping theirs, & yet others it gets heavier and more frequent. :sick: Don't know about you but I definitely am not signing up for any of that, once every few months is enough for me!:frown: :noway:

Merely concerned about those deciding yet another "diet" is the way go, dieting only does one thing, makes you gain back all the weight you lost. Changing your lifestyle and making healthier choices will get us where we want to be and will be the only thing that keeps the weight off.:drinker:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    By the way, Im aiming at 1200 a day.
    SO glad to hear that!! 1200 calories a day is so much safer than 500 a day. Kudos to you for looking after yourself & your future health!:wink::flowerforyou:
  • amyliu7
    amyliu7 Posts: 17
    Options
    i don't have any before/after pictures but i am also on the HCG diet. i am on day 21 and can't wait to start eating 1500 calories again. i was never hungry on the plan but i craved certain foods. i've lost 11 lbs so far and i only need to lose 15 lbs so i'm really happy with my results. good luck with your diet! llet me know if you have any questions.
  • kvaldez95
    kvaldez95 Posts: 25
    Options
    thank you guys for all the advice its very helpful i am only going to do this for a month an a half so its not a long term thing. i barely eat that much any way so it wont be hard to do this =)
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that!! You won't find many people here who support those diets.. Most of us here eat healthy and exercise. We dont do pills, drops or any "quick fixes"
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    thank you guys for all the advice its very helpful i am only going to do this for a month an a half so its not a long term thing. i barely eat that much any way so it wont be hard to do this =)
    You barely eat 500 calories a day currently? That could definitely be why you're struggling to lose and having to seek out risky methods. Keeping your cals down to 500 is dangerous in so many ways!:frown: Then to add a hormone drug on top of that? Please be careful, what we do in our lives now (at any age) will most definitely effect us sometimes immediately, sometimes down the road.

Taking a huge risk to lose weight lightening speed doesn't seem worth it, I want to keep the weight off that I've lost, not gain it all back because I was in some sort of race to drop it all.:noway:
  • lerachase
    lerachase Posts: 11
    Options
    I gotta agree with Hearts Desire... after talking with my doctor, one of my own problems with previous diet methods was that I cut calories down too far. Eating only 500 calories (or less) a day puts your body in what's called "starvation mode". This means that your body thinks it's dying and will hold onto every single thing you put in it and store as much as it can into fat cells. Also, your metabolism tanks and will burn nothing. It may work for a VERY short period to drop some pounds but as soon as you put anything into your mouth again it will store in fat. Makes actually loosing weight very hard and keeping it off impossible. If you want your body to not only loose the pounds but to not gain them back as soon as you stop (or even before), starvation diets are not the way to go. In the end, unless you're really starving and thus dying, it's just going to make you fatter.
  • kvaldez95
    kvaldez95 Posts: 25
    Options
    well i like to see all your opinions. i am having no problem with this diet at all. plus eating 500 calories isnt bad and it dosent put me in starvation mode or whatever cuz the product helps with that plus i drink alot of water i went off the diet for a few days without the drops and didnt gain any weight back and lost 2lbs so i dont know whats wrong with the program? lol
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    well i like to see all your opinions. i am having no problem with this diet at all. plus eating 500 calories isnt bad and it dosent put me in starvation mode or whatever cuz the product helps with that plus i drink alot of water i went off the diet for a few days without the drops and didnt gain any weight back and lost 2lbs so i dont know whats wrong with the program? lol
    I guess I find it odd when a "diet" a person goes on tells them NOT to exercise. Seems like a huge red flag to me, well not that anyone eating only 500 cals would have the energy.:wink:
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU OP! Nothing pleases me more than seeing the ****storm that is an HCG thread. You've made my night.
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options

You are killing your metabolism by eating 500 calories a day. I would hardly call the fact that you kept the weight off for a few days a success story.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options

Don't waste your time folks. She's got it allllll figured out.

/thread
  • jenwoods627
    Options
    In any situation were someone aasks advice or shares a story such as this and they get attacked and put down I laugh simply because I see pure jealousy and envy involved in responses that from people instead of support my sister has used the diet and lost alot and kept it off for YEARS! NO NEED TO PUT PEOPLE DOWN cause they don't do things the way you all think they should:noway: :mad: :laugh: :huh:
  • shaleyn
    shaleyn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yeah.... way to resurrect a thread that was RIP'ing for two years.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    In any situation were someone aasks advice or shares a story such as this and they get attacked and put down I laugh simply because I see pure jealousy and envy involved in responses that from people instead of support my sister has used the diet and lost alot and kept it off for YEARS! NO NEED TO PUT PEOPLE DOWN cause they don't do things the way you all think they should:noway: :mad: :laugh: :huh:

Why would anyone be jealous of someone eating 500 calories a day? I'll keep my 2000 calories a day, thank you very much.

And yes, people should be told not to partake in a dangerous diet if they come on a forum asking questions about it.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    BOO!!! I stayed at work an extra five minutes because I thought this was a new HCG thread. So disappointed.
This discussion has been closed.