Constantly under calories

Options
Hi all,

I've been using MFP pretty steady. Whenever I do exercise outside of my bike commute (baseball, tennis, jogging, etc.) I always have 400-500 calories left over even after eating a very large dinner. I try to eat between 50 -100g of carbs a day. Is this going to hamper my weight loss? I'm in no rush to lose the wight, I just want to stay losing the 1.5 pounds a week.

Thanks!

Replies

• HerpDerp745
    HerpDerp745 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    No it will help. Beware of the posters after me that will say it will put you into 'starvation mode'.
  • jroa322
    jroa322 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this because I get that message daily and it has been bugging me too.
    I am under calories but I an eating enough and adding calories adds other things like fat, sugar, sodium.
  • ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    The problem with eating below your BMR is that it greatly increases the lean muscle mass to fat lost ratio. When you don't eat your exercise calories back and you are netting below you're BMR, you're doing yourself a great disservice.

If you net your goal calories and your goal is to lose 1.5lbs a week, you still will, that is how this app works.
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    open up your food diary for others to see and offer advice/support
  • nattyzav
    nattyzav Posts: 3
    Options
    I've opened up my diary.

Thanks for your help.
  • ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I looks like you've logged 6 days in the last month. So I would also suggest being more consistent.
  • clszewczyk
    clszewczyk Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    As long as you feel well. Eat what feel right for you.