This just sucks big time!

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
We just had our beloved 12 year old German shorthaired pointer put to sleep. She's the dog in my avatar pic with my 3 year old son. Poor puppy was in end stage lymphoma and went downhill very very quickly. There was nothing we could do. I had my friend who is a vet come to our house today to put our dog Recchi out of her misery. I just miss her so much. My daughter who is 7 is having a very difficult time with this. We just got done burying her and are trying to imagine life without our sweet girl.

Sleep well sweet girl. We miss you more than anything.

Sorry, just had to vent. Thanks for listening.

Lisa

Replies

• beckizzle
    beckizzle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You just lost your best friend.

Its a horrible feeling to be without your companion.

Take time.

The sadness will soon pass and all that will be left and the happy memories.

x
  • JTutz
    JTutz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family.
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Seems like cancer kills just about everything these days. I'm saddened you lost your dog. Seems to me she had to have had an excellent 12 years, since you love her so much.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss!
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. Don't worry it will get better in time.
  • sjeanpayd
    sjeanpayd Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My sympathy. Anyone who has not had a pet just doesn't understand. Our shepherd mix died unexpectedly 18 years ago and I still miss him. It does get easier, hang it there.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. There is nothing worse than losing a loved one - even if they are 4 legged and a little hairy.

Know that time does make the hurt a little easier, I promise it does. Remember the good times. Cancer really sucks.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I love my dog more than I love humans. I feel your pain.
  • PReiss828
    PReiss828 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I don't have children so my dogs are my pets...I know exactly how you feel...I've had to put down 2 St. Bernards in the past...it does get easier with time...thinking of you!
  • gwhizeh
    gwhizeh Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Sorry for you and your family's loss. Its, super tough. But you know you did the right thing.
  • minnndymae
    minnndymae Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm really just so sorry for your loss Lisa.....its so much more then just losing a 'pet'.

Our sweet girl has been gone 3 years in Oct and we still miss her! Your house will seem empty for a long while...or at least ours did. About a year in a half later we decided to get another pup, but its not the same. & man does it make us feel bad when we hollar the wrong name at her :ohwell:

Take care & time...you & your family are in my thoughts & prayers.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    ****hugs**** I'm so sorry for your loss :cry:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss, but you could have tacked that on to the last thread you started about your dog instead of starting a new one. :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1050139-crying-today-advice-needed-so-sad

Yes, losing a pet is tough. Hope you feel better soon.
  • mtfr810
    mtfr810 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My dog is probably the most important thing in my life. Cats can be great, but they are not a dog. I know some people wouldn't agree, but to me only a dog give truly unconditional love. Sorry for your terrible loss. Know that your buddy had a great life. Don't wait to long... get another dog... not to replace, but to move forward.