outback help?

Options
hey everyone! we are having outback tonight and i ordered a plain chicken sandwich with a side of broccoli (no butter). a normal grilled chicken and swiss sandwich is 696 calories....would a plain be half? i looked on the database and put in a chick-fila instead. don't know how many calories to account for? thanks in advance!

Replies

• FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Start with deleting Chick-fil-A from your food diary because it is probably no where near the same nutritional value as Outback. I suggest you go to Outback's website. They have the absolute best site for determining nutritional values. You can actually see nutritional values for menu items with AND without seasonings, butter, etc. Then add what you ordered to the database with nutritional values based on how you ordered your food.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just ate there last night! I found that they have an interactive nutritional website that allows you to select what you ate and adjust toppings to give you an exact calorie count of what you ate. You can then take that information and create the item in the MFP database and you can choose to share with other MFP users or not when saving it. Hope this helps!

http://www.outback.com/menu/nutritionselection.aspx
  • patkendall
    Options
    hi...I would divide the meal out in parts...for example how many calories for one serving chicken breast...how many calories for the bread...etc...I think this will get you closer to the actual caloric intake
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    According to the web site 644.50 cals if that was plain with no cheese and no butter on veggies.
  • NYJetsFan
    Options
    It's the same sandwich minus the swiss? Hmm, maybe create a sandwich using those nutritional values but subtract the nutritionals for a slice of cheese? Sorry. That was the only thing I could think of.
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! i will go check the site out now.....i am back and i still think its not right. there is no option for taking cheese off and i also only ate one bun. mmm....maybe i will just add each item separately. thanks again!