Macro's

Options
I've been doing research on macro's and am wondering if I am doing things right. I have my carbs to 40%, fat and protein 30%. I try to get as close to those percents as possible, not always doing a good job. I am losing weight pretty consistent, I'm just curious if these are the best fit for me. Any advice and/or suggestions are welcome.

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    if you feel crappy, stop...if you feel good, it must be working
  • crisbabe81
    crisbabe81 Posts: 170
    Options
    Most days I feel good. On days like today where I'm having a hungry day I wonder.
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you feel hungry, having more protein could help curb it. Going over on protein is never usually a bad thing.
  • crisbabe81
    Options
    Ok then. Thank you. :smile:
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    protein - 0.82g per pound of body weight
    fat - 0.4g per pound of body weight
    carbs - remaining calories
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    check your cycle too, you might be gearing up for PMS, or you might just be feeling the effects of a kick *kitten* work out. I agree with the protein. Have some eggs and cheese and see how you feel.
  • crisbabe81
    Options
    Not the cycle, I'm on a 40-50 day cycle right now so it isn't due for another 4 weeks. As I lose weight it is getting closer together, but even if I were on a normal cycle it wouldn't be due for another 2 weeks.

I wish it were a kick *kitten* work out, but I've been sick the last week. I've been taking it pretty easy trying to recoup. I'm may have to have some eggs and or cheese when I get home. I ate just an hour ago and am hungry again, I pre log my food so far i've had my breakfast, lunch and mid day snack.
  • crisbabe81
    Options

So I weight 187.8lbs, that would be 154g of Protein 75.12g of fat and just fill in the remaining calories with carbs? Hmm... Ok.
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options

^ This is how most people figure out their macro's. Not saying necessarily that i follow these numbers, but typically people figure their protein requirements for their goals, then come up with a percentage of fats to consume, and filling in the rest with carbs based on if they're trying to lose weight or gain weight.
  • crisbabe81
    Options

^ This is how most people figure out their macro's. Not saying necessarily that i follow these numbers, but typically people figure their protein requirements for their goals, then come up with a percentage of fats to consume, and filling in the rest with carbs based on if they're trying to lose weight or gain weight.

Doing this method I would only get 75g of carbs... If I did this I'd have to reduce my carbs in half.. I'm losing weight. I work out 5-6 days a week, strength 2-3 of those. To the best of my knowledge I'm not losing muscle, so I'll stick to what is working. Should it stop working then I shall consider this.

I appreciate the responses.