I want some cake so bad!!! Any great recipes???

Options
13»

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    And whatever you do, do NOT ask your mother to make the cake for you!!

Step mother....

.....we don't know if the biological mother would have performed the sex cake bake.

Damn. You're right. My apologies.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I like this

ITfDfZ4.jpg
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Why have a healthier cake? Make a decadent, delicious, moist, sweet, wonderful piece of cake your treat for the week. I don't think one piece of cake is going to hurt everything you've accomplished. Life is too short to go without the things you absolutely love!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Why have a healthier cake? Make a decadent, delicious, moist, sweet, wonderful piece of cake your treat for the week. I don't think one piece of cake is going to hurt everything you've accomplished. Life is too short to go without the things you absolutely love!

I may be wrong but I think you can freeze cupcakes if you go down this route.

Make a bunch of cupcakes. Mini's if it fits your macros better.

Then keep a few out for the next few days and freeze the rest.

Frosting keeps in the fridge I know that. Google cupcakes and freezing but I think it should work because...frozen ice cream cakes and whatnot.
  • lazra79
    lazra79 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    321 Cake. Super easy and delicious. Sorry if someone already said this I didn't read all the responses.

Mix together 1 box angel food, 1 box any other cake mix. I like cherry flavors but any kind works. I put the whole mix in a large ziplock bag then.....

Grab a coffee mug

3 TBSP cake mix...stir gently until incorporated.
    2 TBSP water
    1 minute in the microwave.

Voila! Cake!! Enjoy. :)
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Apparently this cake is to die for

Better Than Sex Cake

Original recipe makes 1 - 9x13 inch cake
    1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
    1/2 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
    6 ounces caramel ice cream topping
    3 (1.4 ounce) bars chocolate covered toffee, chopped
    1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

Directions

Bake cake according to package directions for a 9x13 inch pan; cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Make slits across the top of the cake, making sure not to go through to the bottom.
    In a saucepan over low heat, combine sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping, stirring until smooth and blended. Slowly pour the warm topping mixture over the top of the warm cake, letting it sink into the slits; then sprinkle the crushed chocolate toffee bars liberally across the entire cake while still warm. (Hint: I crush my candy bars into small chunks as opposed to crumbs - I like to have pieces I can chew on!)
    Let cake cool completely, then top with whipped topping. Decorate the top of the cake with some more chocolate toffee bar chunks and swirls of caramel topping. Refrigerate and serve right from the pan!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/better-than-sex-cake-ii/

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I misread the title and was about to post my favourite recipe (Nigella's polenta cake:http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/LEMON-POLENTA-CAKE-5308) but it's got a zillion calories, so you have to just have a teeny tiny slice.

Some other good suggestions above and while I know it's not cake, meringue is low in calories thanks to all that egg white. I just buy ready-made meringue nests, add a dollop of Greek yogurt and berries or bananas and you have dessert for 100-150 calories. Or just eat them as they are if you are as greedy and lazy as I am.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    321 Cake. Super easy and delicious. Sorry if someone already said this I didn't read all the responses.

Mix together 1 box angel food, 1 box any other cake mix. I like cherry flavors but any kind works. I put the whole mix in a large ziplock bag then.....

Grab a coffee mug

2 TBSP water

Thanks for this recipe. It actually sounds easy enough for me to remember. And try.

I think I'll save some splenda macro's for finding a sugar free chocolate or caramel sauce to put on top. For when I have a sweet tooth just for me or just for vanilla flavors. Anyone know the cals?
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options

Grab a coffee mug

2 TBSP water

This is gold and compliments my skill level! Thank you!!
  • jeqrosen
    jeqrosen Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    One box of Angelfood cake
    one can of crushed pineapple with juice

mix the cake and pineapple put in ungreased 13x9 pan
    Bake at 350 degree for 30 minutes
    serves 8. 54 cal per good size slice
    Enjoy

Where are you guys getting these numbers from? I posted in the other thread about this too - 1980 calories in the whole thing...8 servings, where does 54 cal come from? I made it and it's so good, but I'm getting 110 cals for 1/18 of t!
  • belladonnacooks
    Options
    Apparently this cake is to die for

Better Than Sex Cake

Original recipe makes 1 - 9x13 inch cake
    1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
    1/2 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
    6 ounces caramel ice cream topping
    3 (1.4 ounce) bars chocolate covered toffee, chopped
    1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

Directions

Bake cake according to package directions for a 9x13 inch pan; cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Make slits across the top of the cake, making sure not to go through to the bottom.
    In a saucepan over low heat, combine sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping, stirring until smooth and blended. Slowly pour the warm topping mixture over the top of the warm cake, letting it sink into the slits; then sprinkle the crushed chocolate toffee bars liberally across the entire cake while still warm. (Hint: I crush my candy bars into small chunks as opposed to crumbs - I like to have pieces I can chew on!)
    Let cake cool completely, then top with whipped topping. Decorate the top of the cake with some more chocolate toffee bar chunks and swirls of caramel topping. Refrigerate and serve right from the pan!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/better-than-sex-cake-ii/

Oh my! This cant be healthy lol
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I love cake! I like to buy the single serving pieces at the grocery store. I recommend this instead of making a whole cake.
  • belladonnacooks
    Options
    I have been wanting cake for a good while! I want to make a cake but i want to make it healthier. Help!

Let me tell you what I made last week! Store bought angel food cake topped with crushed pineapple and vanilla pudding. You can use lemon also.

Just mix the crushed pineapple with the juice along with the dry pudding mix (do not add milk to it). Stir it up. Slice the angel food in half to create two layers. Spread the pineapple filling on top of the layers and assemble the cake. Put it in the fridge at least an hour. For me, the longer it sat the better. Take it a step further and garnish with jarred maraschino cherries and drizzle a little of the cherry juice on each slice right before serving. Geez, I think I want to make that today!!!

Enjoy
  • belladonnacooks
    Options
    I love cake! I like to buy the single serving pieces at the grocery store. I recommend this instead of making a whole cake.
    Yes, that really helps with moderation!
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    321 cakes is about 120 cals and then add on whatever toppings. If you want more chocolate you can throw in a tablespoon of chochips before you mic it. Those would be extra too
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    AVOID ANYTHING WITH CAULIFLOWER. AVERT YOUR EYES. Trust me.

This. And carob. Anyone who tells you, "It's just like chocolate!" is a filthy liar.
    What's wrong with carob? I quite like it and use carob powder usually a few times a week, and it does taste chocolatey.. I don't have a problem with cocoa powder, mind you. I like them both.
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Just eat a slice of your favorite cake and move on.