What 200 calories looks like in dozens of foods

Options
13»

Replies

• missionimposs
    missionimposs Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    First time I have seen this OMG!!! having dinner at my daughters tonight we are having spag bol !! my choice !! when I seen that chilli which is all most like what we are having , I will be using a much smaller plate !!!!! :( She spent last night cooking it so can't change my mind !!!!! :noway:
  • VixB1842
    VixB1842 Posts: 36
    Options
    Love it!
    Sometimes you need a visual reminder and comparison of how calorie dense things can actually be!
    Great post!
  • mheebner
    mheebner Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Well thank God I'm a celery, hot pepper, and broccoli fanatic !!

:wink:

seriously damn you blueberry muffin for being so delicious yet so dangerous at the same time....
  • Katina3333
    Katina3333 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Why is it that my taste buds don't like any of those foods where the plate is over flowing?!?!?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Huh, never realized that balsamic vinegar has more calories (per same volume) than whole milk. Interesting...
  • divacowgirl
    Options
    Great post, and I know I need constant reminding
  • divacowgirl
    Options
    Me too
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Rockets are NOT Smarties!!!
    Yes, Canadian smarties are definitely better:
    smarties_zps2282ed01.jpg[/URL]

:love: Smarties. They are my chocolate treat of choice since you get to eat 30 pieces of chocolate rather than one lol. Malteezers are great too!

I love this article. The last time it was posted, I put it on my Facebook profile for others to see.
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Oh Jelly Bellys - how you taunt me.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Rockets are NOT Smarties!!!
    Yes, Canadian smarties are definitely better:
    smarties_zps2282ed01.jpg

Those look like Spree...

...which are also delicious.

ETA: ...but since they're filled full of a chocolate-like stuff, are very different from Spree which are filled with solid sugary stuff. So now those sound like giant M&Ms.
    Yes, these Smarties are chocolate filled like M&Ms but they aren't made with nuts so good (?) for kids with nut allergies. However, they do melt in your hands if you're not careful!
  • luisalg14
    luisalg14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Bailey's..... Want. Whole. Bottle.... :cry:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    This has taught me that my choice to forgo veggies most days is a solid one. That stuff isn't calorie dense enough for me. A snickers on the other hand...
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    The peanut butter is rather depressing.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    My only complaint about this article is that there's no sense of scale to these pictures. For example I'm pretty sure the french bread isn't far from what would get used in real life for a sandwich going off relative length to width but knowing the plate size isn't helping me very much.

Lesson of the day: when photographing pottery etc once I get into my field, never skip the scale.
  • phurst00
    phurst00 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I laughed out loud when I saw the teeny tiny bit of butter. This is why we pretty much forgo using butter anymore in my household; we bought a small tub of Smart Balance butter w/ flaxseed oil over a month ago and it's barely 25% gone.

The fruit and veggies made me smile - seems I'm making the right choice to choose them as snacks!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'd never seen this. Very cool. I shared with my friends. Thanks ????
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    This is probably not news for anyone who has been tracking their calories for a while, but it's a neat photo series showing what 200 calories worth of food looks like. Check it out!

http://www.artfido.com/blog/photographic-series-showing-what-200-calories-looks-like-in-different-foods/

The raw veggies aren't so bad. But half a Snickers bar....that's depressing. Wonder how that would look in a Hershey's with almonds?