help calculating burn for C25K????

Options
HI I am 5'2 198lbs female. Can someone please help me with figuring out cals burned doing week 3 day 1 of couch to 5k training plan? Any help is very appreciated! :-)

Replies

• blt0087
    blt0087 Posts: 115
    Options
    If you have a smartphone, download the Runtastic app (i have the pro version, I love it!)..you can run it and the couch 2 5k app at the same time, so you get a good estimate of calories burned.
  • ericcumbee
    ericcumbee Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I know this does not help if you do not have a fitbit. but when I do C25k workouts I just let my fitbit figure it out.
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Congrats on started the C25K. It's a great program. I used it to prepare for 5K a couple of years ago. I recently started the program again since I fell out of the running habit :/

The calculation will vary greatly depending on the speeds and distance/time you run.

If you run on a treadmill, it's much easier to figure out (assuming you don't want to just take the calorie count from the treadmill itself). If you run outside w/o and HRM or one of the many running apps you can get a rough estimate of calories burned by distance at:

http://www.runtheplanet.com/resources/tools/calculators/caloriecounter.asp

Try not to get too caught up in calculated the exact amount burned - you can drive yourself crazy. I think it's safe to assume that any rough estimate you come up with - whether from treadmill or site provided is likely to be an over-estimate. So if you eat back your exercise calories, I suggest leaving yourself a cushion so you don't accidentally eat more than you burned off.

Hope this helps!