NSV: Re-calibrating. :)

Options
Mindarin
Mindarin Posts: 93 Member
So, some of you may understand the terrible feeling of despair when not losing more weight. That has been me for the last two months. I have about ten more pounds to lose till goal, and it has not been happening for the last six MONTHS! :P Cue the pity parties and cycle of giving up and then killing myself at the gym afterwards.

However, yesterday...I was just running, as I usually do, and afterwards, I looked at my time? I had just run 3 miles in 26 minutes! Six months ago, I would have been THRILLED to run two in twenty!

So, then today, I was at the gym again, and I wanted to see how quickly I could run a mile...I was hoping for under 10 minutes? It happened in seven and a half... :smile: Then later on? I realized that from six months ago, I have doubled the weight I can lift.

I am just so pleased and thrilled and encouraged.

My body does not look perfect. It is not overweight, but neither is it cosmetically the way I want it. But it's strong. :smile: Even if I never look quite how I would like, I'm not sure it matters anymore. And I just wanted to encourage all ya'll out there who are working super hard and haven't met goal yet. Its totally worth it just for the journey. Excelsior! :wink:

Replies

• 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Those types of epiphanies are great! I've just about given up worrying about the number on the scale. I look and feel better than I did 7 months ago. I'm stronger and healthier. No pity party needed! Sounds like you've got your head in the right place. :drinker:
  • Mindarin
    Mindarin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Finally. :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!