How do you count your glasses of water?

Options
I know that your suppose to drink eight glasses a day. But I THINK those are 8oz glasses and most glasses are bigger than that. So I was just wondering if I should count a normal glass as two "glasses: of water? What are your suggestions here?

Replies

• elgray26
    elgray26 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Every 8oz glass is 1 glass of water for me!
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I drink out of a Nalgene - I know they hold 4 cups of water. :)
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    If your glass is 16 ounces, then count it as 2 glasses. Easy peasy.
  • psicocat
    psicocat Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    250mls :) so every litre bottle is 4 glasses :) i only count water or water and cordial
  • shawnteahsing
    shawnteahsing Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I know that your suppose to drink eight glasses a day. But I THINK those are 8oz glasses and most glasses are bigger than that. So I was just wondering if I should count a normal glass as two "glasses: of water? What are your suggestions here?

yes
  • Singelli
    Singelli Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I always had the same problem and curiosity. So I bought a cheap water bottle at Wal-Mart which has the ounces marked on the side. It's really great, too, because it has a snap in piece for the mouth, so if you ever choose to use it for soda, the soda won't go flat! And if you knock it over while working out, no big deal! I don't remember how much it cost, but it couldn't have been more than $5!

I'm sorry I don't have a real solution, but it was the best I could offer to someone who experiences the same frustration I did.
  • janiner79
    janiner79 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    By how many shaker cups I drink... I think it's 2 to 1, but I usually have 4 shaker cups a day... Easy peasy

Oh, and I use Mio... makes it that much more pleasant :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about it.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    If I get a headache, I'm not drinking enough.

If I log them, I just go by glasses not by oz. I count each glass as one. If you are not a water drinker but want to hit the goal, by a water bottle that has the oz on it and go by that.
  • janupshaw
    janupshaw Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Every 8 oz of water counts as one glass, and 8 oz is equal to one measuring cup so it's easy to check whatever cup you are using.
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I count every 8oz as one glass of water. I drink my daily water from a marked blender bottle, it holds 20 oz.. I fill it a minimum of 5X a day.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Every 8oz glass is 1 glass of water for me!

^^ this! I drink 4-5 32 oz cups of water a day, I count each cup as 4 glasses of water.
  • RLT776
    RLT776 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    From information I have seen, 8 ounces is one (1) cup. To determine how much a glass holds, I take a measuring cup, place water in it, and pour into the glass. I continue to add water using measuring cups, i.e., 1 cup; 1/4 cup; 1/2 cup, etc. until the glass is full which tells me how many ounces in that particular glass. One of my glasses is12 ounces (a cup & 1/2) while I have some that are 16 ounces (2 cups). There are some glasses that can be purchased with ounces marked on the side which are helpful too. Hope this helps and gives some ideas for measuring water intake.
  • Shelley6591
    Shelley6591 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I carry around a Contigo bottle, the ones from Costco. The have the 8oz marked off on the bottle so a full bottle is 3 ;)
  • LukiesMommy
    Options
    I have a 1.5L water bottle that I fill at least 2x a day. That's 100oz, I count that as 12 glasses.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I like to do it like The Count from Sesame Street..

One. Ha ha hah
    Two. Ha ha hah
    Three. Ha ha hah
    Four. Ha hah hah

etc...
  • Gw3nJa
    Gw3nJa Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks enjoy for the help and quick replies!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I carry around a Contigo bottle, the ones from Costco. The have the 8oz marked off on the bottle so a full bottle is 3 ;)

These bottles are amazing. Spill proof and shatter resistant! Love them. I also use my camelbak hydration pack which holds 1.5 liters so I count it as 6 "cups" because it's like 50+ ounces.
  • Shelley6591
    Shelley6591 Posts: 156 Member
    Options

These bottles are amazing. Spill proof and shatter resistant! Love them. I also use my camelbak hydration pack which holds 1.5 liters so I count it as 6 "cups" because it's like 50+ ounces.

No kidding! spill proof and shatter proof is key for me! every morning I leave with the Contigo coffee cup (we call that a mam sippie cup around here :P) and my cup with my protein shake so picture that, my cups have hit my drive way more times than I can count!:drinker:
  • kathleenjoyful
    kathleenjoyful Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I work on metric but I have a half a litre (BPA free plastic) water bottle that I take with me to work, the gym, and when I'm out. Water really becomes a habit so I don't count, as soon as I've finished the bottle I just fill it up again. I think having a bottle you reuse becomes a really good habit.