Exercise or relaxation?

Options
So I am here at home, relaxing, and I know I need to go to the gym and do my two workout classes in 2 and a half hours. It is hard, but I did go and put the exercise early on mfp daily log, so in a way it's forcing me. lol. I also haven't worked out for four days because I was out of town and didn't have a gym, and it was too hot to workout, so I know I HAVE to go today.

What do you guys do to motivate yourselves? I know for me going to classes with other fit individuals, and going hiking in this beautiful summer weather, helps me to want to exercise. But what do we do on those lazy days? Also: I ate today, but still very hungry, and I'm trying to force myself not to overeat, also because full stomachs aren't good to workout on.

Replies

• lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    So I am here at home, relaxing, and I know I need to go to the gym and do my two workout classes in 2 and a half hours. It is hard, but I did go and put the exercise early on mfp daily log, so in a way it's forcing me. lol. I also haven't worked out for four days because I was out of town and didn't have a gym, and it was too hot to workout, so I know I HAVE to go today.

What do you guys do to motivate yourselves? I know for me going to classes with other fit individuals, and going hiking in this beautiful summer weather, helps me to want to exercise. But what do we do on those lazy days? Also: I ate today, but still very hungry, and I'm trying to force myself not to overeat, also because full stomachs aren't good to workout on.

If I'm feeling unmotivated I do something easy, which is okay because I tend to feel unmotivated when I'm still recovering from an intense workout, or when my schedule has been disrupted. Being out of town can be draining. Maybe you need to ease back into your routine.
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I had a really hard time exercising after I got home. I realized that after work and dealing with traffic.. I am SPENT! So I brought my bike to work and ride after work for bit, then head home. Since I started last friday I haven't missed a day, however, its still to early to call victory .. and I live in oregon .. sooooo.. the non-rain days are few and far between.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    If I feel unmotivated, I set a specific goal to make things more interesting. The last time I really didn't want to go to the gym was on a deadlift day. So I set myself a goal of increasing my tested 1RM by 5 lbs. That was enough motivation to get me wanting to go.
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    yeah. i was happy today,, because i went and hit the gym for two hours. What I did is I bought myself a couple new workout tees, which motivated me to go!!! I feel much better that I did, opposed to yesterday when I felt rather low bec i skipped on my workout again. i gotta move one baby step at a time.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    music too.
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I think "I don't want to die because I'm fat" <<<<<< That always snaps me out of being demotivated!
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I've made exercise a daily habit by repetition. It was hard to keep going at first. I had my gym membership for about 6 months before I started getting serious about it. Now, it's just a regular part of my day. The fact that I've lost some weight at this point is highly motivating. Concrete evidence that eating less and exercising more really does work!