Anyone else GAIN A TON during before TOM?

Options
This just boggles me, last week my weight was at 143lbs and I jumped on the scale this week and it says I am 151lbs!!! HOLY *$&%. That's a lot of weight gain, so I did measurements and my measurements are the same, so why am I holding so much more weight before TOM? I can't imagine it's all water, but wth? I ran Tough Mudder Minnesota this last Saturday and I'll admit, I ate half a pizza several hours later, but because my team (in our nervousness) all forgot to eat lunch so we were STARVING. Not a proud moment of mine to eat half a pizza, but I figured after getting my butt kicked for 3.5 hours it shouldn't bother me. Could this be the culprit and not TOM? Or could it be that I am moderately low carbing (average around 120-150 grams of carbs a day) and suddenly I upped my carbs for two days because of my big race? Just curious, once again, I know the scale is just a number, but that's... a lot of weight gain.

Replies

• alexie97
    alexie97 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    when you get close to your TOM, your hormones levels are changed which can affect your eating behavior and water retention. It also causes bloating which you might not feel physically but the scale will pick it up. Techincally speaking, the week before your TOM is when our bodies would prepare for the possible conception so you retain water so your body can be prepared if ever you decide to have a baby. Basically, our bodies go through a ''fake'' pregnancy which is why we crave certain food, bloat and get sensitve breasts before TOM and then once that window is over and you're not pregnant, hormones levels drop and everything else that was put into the preparation a.k.a RED SEA! your weight should go back down to regular during or a few days after your TOM!

in your case, i dont think it's the pizza or the carbs, just some bloating and regular hormonal stuff. Oh the joy of being a woman!!
  • BreytonJay
    BreytonJay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    yep, 8 pounds last time as well :( no eating, exercise, or measurement difference, just the 8 pounds