Eggwhite Omelettes!

Options
Who loves eggwhite omelettes? I am looking for some new ideas to add to my omelette. Currently I do a 3 egg white omelette with broccoli, fat-free shredded cheddar, red onion, and sliced plum tomatoes.

What are your favorite omelette fillers? :)

Replies

• marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I haven't made an omelet for a while, but I was adding spinach, tomatoes, grilled chicken, and some feta cheese. It was soooo good!
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I love mushroom omelettes, however, I include the yolk too, so mine are not eggwhite omelettes.

In fact. no idea why I am posting on this thread to be honest, I am not even adhering to the question! :noway:

Sorry OP lol :flowerforyou:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I tried that and it was never tasty. I refuse to eat unsatisfying food.
  • kshiraakshara
    kshiraakshara Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've been adding a slice of prosciutto or pancetta to mine lately -- gives it a nice the bacon-y taste with less than half the calories. When I use prosciutto, I just shred it and put it in with the other fillings. With pancetta, I throw it in the pan and let it crisp up a bit, then pour the egg whites over the top so it's kind of cooked into the outside of the omelette.
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I eat whole egg omelettes, what do you do with the yolks? x
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I love adding spinach to mine, along with bell peppers (green, red, orange, yellow - any combination), red or Vidalia onions, sometimes a bit of bacon (turkey of course!), and some shredded cheese.

Sorry, I'm from WI, and while I've cut way back on cheese, I still need a little bit! :bigsmile:

I typically don't do egg white omelets though - I prefer using egg beaters mixed with a whole egg.
  • mreffle
    mreffle Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    tiggsnanny, I use Naturegg. Even with just some cheddar cheese it's awesome, stuffed in an unbuttered English muffin. Add some melon slices or berries on the side, and it's a great breakfast.
  • laurenmanderson1
    laurenmanderson1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I always use turkey bacon, reduced fat mozzerella cheese, mushrooms, onions, and spinach. Yummmm!
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK mreffle I don't know what natureegg is lol, is it powdered egg or something?
  • jaliving
    jaliving Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Egg white omelets are so good, I am considering them for Dinner!
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Egg whites with jimmy dean turkey sausage and choice veggies
  • thinklivebefree
    thinklivebefree Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Chicken Sausage, and Organic Potato Hash topped with some Salsa and cheese~~~ yummm!!!!
  • blleadon
    blleadon Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I usually put turkey sausage crumbles spinach and cheese in my egg white omelets
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I like mine to taste like straight up Mexican food. Green bell pepper, onion, mushroom, seasoned with my own (salt free) taco seasoning: cumin, garlic powder and chili powder topped with guacamole, sour cream and salsa mmmmm
  • alexie97
    alexie97 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    leeks, caramelized onions, freshly grown basil and sometimes mushrooms and chives :)

with a TON of cracked black pepper!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Egg white omelets, yum.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbUxB1lWHAEjsLbpHeJBKU_jNGOARBj3Gk-YyEjHfYtxWtmGLHMA
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    It's not an omelette, but google 'konnyaku itame'... the first result should be from Kanako's Kitchen. I haven't made it in a while (getting konnyaku is easier said than done around here) but it's good and would lend itself well to being turned into an egg white dish.
  • mjpTennis
    mjpTennis Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    Salsa or just tomato with the egg whites. So good.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Shallots, red bell peppers,(sauteed in goat butter) and cream cheese are my favorite omelet fillers. :-)
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Love my eggwhite omelettes. I'll stir in white pepper & tarragon spice before dropping in the pan--good stuff!