Bad if I go way over protein and fats while working out?

Options
I almost always go way over on protein and fats...I think for the most part I am eating okay. It's usually fat from olive oil, nuts and the meats. I looked at some other people's food diaries to get an idea of what has worked for them. I got a little confused because some people are eating processed foods and hitting all their targets or a little below and still managing to lose. My goal is to lose weight and gain muscle. I think i am eating healthy fats and proteins. are there any real dangers/disadvantages as to what I am doing? Is it okay if I don't hit all of the recommended carbs, fats and so on? I think my food diary is public-take a look and let me know plz

Replies

• kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Are you going off of MFP for your grams of fat and protein? Try using this http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/ if you're not already.
  • amitglinkedin
    amitglinkedin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Its actually very perfect...most people struggle to acheive protein and fats requirement and over go with carbs
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    BUMP

8488541.png
  • KtAnne388
    KtAnne388 Posts: 30
    Options
    Yes I am going off MFP. Is there a reason this other one would be better?
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    As a rule, fat and protein goals are minimums. If you aren't going over your calories for the day, your likely fine. I commonly go a little over on fat or protein with my macros set at 40/30/30 c/p/f.
  • bluntlysally
    bluntlysally Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    yes, change your macros (%s for fat/protien/carbs) and don't use the defaults. read around the forums to figure out what you want to use.

also, choose to show both fat and saturated fat for 2/5 columns. if you go over fat but are under saturated, you are ok because you are eating good fats.
  • KtAnne388
    KtAnne388 Posts: 30
    Options
    Thank you that is really helpful