Scared to death of failure

Options
deenchel
deenchel Posts: 10 Member
I've always been overweight. That being said, it's a constant struggle to balance my busy schedule with maintaining proper eating habits. I'm an emotional eater, so that only makes matters worse. Currently, I'm watching my calories and recording everything I put in my mouth. I've incorporated at least 30 minutes of cardio 5 x a week. I'm just scared that I will fall off the wagon yet again.

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt." - William Shakespeare
  • KtAnne388
    KtAnne388 Posts: 30
    Options
    Change is now! It is not a future event! I've lost, then gained and am losing again, like so many other people. Take it one day at a time and don't beat yourself up! You are doing something about it now
  • lidiatyanez
    Options
    the hardest part is getting started, and you've done that, take it one day at a time, the most important thing to watch is (in my opinion) eat when you are hungry, but watch what you eat and how much of it you eat. You'll do great!!!
  • Life0fbrian
    Life0fbrian Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Make lots of friends and log onto this site at least a couple times a day, you will be encouraged!
  • gastlysmom
    gastlysmom Posts: 28
    Options
    I've always been overweight. That being said, it's a constant struggle to balance my busy schedule with maintaining proper eating habits. I'm an emotional eater, so that only makes matters worse. Currently, I'm watching my calories and recording everything I put in my mouth. I've incorporated at least 30 minutes of cardio 5 x a week. I'm just scared that I will fall off the wagon yet again.

thats why you are here... for support and accountability !! yay !!!
  • allformebyAugust
    Options
    First step is the hardest, but you have taken it!!! Just remember, weight loss cannot defy laws of physics. As long as you exercise and eat right, there is no mystical way through which you would fail! It might take longer for some than others, but it ought to happen! Just keep at it! Look forward to seeing you post soon reporting your first success!
  • DoctorCheeba
    Options
    I fell off the wagon 4 times and I got back on! Don't be scared, if you want it bad enough it will happen. I was also an emotional eater and the trick is finding another focus instead of food. You need to only look at food as fuel for your body (as it is), eating the right things at the right times. Treat yourself once a week when you know you have been good. Just stick with it, you can do it!
  • valjean5
    valjean5 Posts: 17
    Options
    The great thing about failing is that you know what to look out for when you retry again..think of it like a video game
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    As others have said, you took the big step of starting and making a plan for yourself. So relax and just follow it. If you put too much pressure on yourself and one day isn't "perfect"...then that's when the self-doubt and failure can occur. Realize you'll have tough days and that's ok...just get past them and continue on your way. You'll learn to handle the challenges as you go and will end up the winner! Good luck to you and enjoy the healthier you each and every day.
  • Dollfun1
    Dollfun1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt." - William Shakespeare

Awesome quote. I understand your feelings. But I have decided the time is now, it has to be now - I will not let my past failures intimidate and destroy my current and future goals. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies, you can do this. Should you slip up just jump right back up and keep pressing forward, we all make mistakes but we do not have to let them keep us down. You have an abundant amount of support here. Good luck, I look forward to seeing your success story.
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    "You have failed only when you quit trying. Until then, you're still in the act of progression. So, never quit trying and you'll never be a failure.---Tommy Kelley

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF :flowerforyou:
  • deenchel
    deenchel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You guys are amazing
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Failure is part of success. Rarely do you find any success story without some failure along the way. Key to this is consistency. When one stops being consistent, then results change.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition