What foods keep you fuller for longer?

Options
Hello! ...so i really want to get serious about dieting and stuff. Because since almost 2 weeks ago i've cut down on alot of bad foods, but i wanna cut down even more and have a more healthier diet. But my actual question is (because i actually eat so much) is what foods can you consume that actually fill you up and keep you fuller for longer?

Replies

• KylaM30
    KylaM30 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Drink lots and lots of water and make sure you are getting lean protein for every meal!! Veggies either cooked or raw are great too cause a lot of them are high in water content which help you feel really full too! Best of luck!
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Plenty of fat. A couple of fat bombs (200 calories, almost all from fat) can hold me for a good number of hours. But I eat low carb so YMMV.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Eggs, chicken, turkey, nuts, fish, cottage cheese to name a few.
  • ahmadfahmy
    ahmadfahmy Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hello! ...so i really want to get serious about dieting and stuff. Because since almost 2 weeks ago i've cut down on alot of bad foods, but i wanna cut down even more and have a more healthier diet. But my actual question is (because i actually eat so much) is what foods can you consume that actually fill you up and keep you fuller for longer?

high protein and high fiber foods.
  • charseekingchar
    Options
    Oatmeal is the best for breakfast time. It's so wonderful and filling! Nuts, fruits, vegetables (especially sweet potatoes!) whole wheat breads, etc. WATER too. I drink a lot of water with each meal to help fill up and help with the digesting as well :)
  • Teele86
    Teele86 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have 150gr low fat cottage cheese, 50g greek vanilla yoghurt, 25g seed mix (sunflower and pepita seeds)and .5 cup frozen blueberries for brekkie. Im the same I feel hungry alot and this keeps me full and helps with my 40% carb 30% fat and protein aims. Eggs are really good as well. If you cut down your carbs ( I was averaging 55% carbs before switching to IIFYM) and up your good fats and protein its amazing how much you get to eat and how full you feel. Good luck!
  • Plentiful_Tentacles
    Options
    Foods high in fiber.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    High fat foods like steak and eggs and cream do a good job keeping me full.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Volume is the only thing that works for me. The thought that slower digesting foods (fat or protein) provide the feeling of fullness for longer periods does not work for me.

The best thing for me was to drink a couple glasses of water and realize hunger is part of the price you pay just like effort and sweat.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Foods that have a lot of protein in them, eggs, chicken, quorn, baked beans.

Ironically, if I have, say eggs before I go for my run though, it does not bode well for my training, it makes me feel sluggish. I have learned to save the eggs for when I get back afterwards.
  • lovingangel4uau
    lovingangel4uau Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Extensive studies done on Atkins Diet to see why it worked wasn't the fat but was the protein that keeps people fuller longer and not looking for food. Plant based protein a lot better for you than animal for long term general health.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    sweet potatoes, corn, chicken, bunless hamburgers with veggies
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Anything high in protein or high in fat. Or high in fiber. Or all three (something like nuts are very fulfilling, they are almost pure fat and protein with a bit of fiber on the side). Meat seems to be the #1 for me (all protein and fat).
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    Protein, fat, and vegetables. Mmm, mmm, mmm!
  • wwwdotcr
    wwwdotcr Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Loads and loads of broccoli. Stuff yourself full!
  • Alice_rio
    Alice_rio Posts: 17
    Options
    Here are a few list of foods that will keep you full: eggs, avocado, beans and lentils, apples and many other fruits. Having soup after a meal is also another way to drive hunger away for long.
  • Melindhra
    Melindhra Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If I eat a carb-heavy meal, whether it's complex carbohydrates or not, I get hungry again very quickly. If there's more fat and protein, I'm typically not hungry for a very long time.

I make a "chocolate" pudding from coconut milk, cinnamon, cocoa powder (no sugar), stevia, almond butter, vegan protein powder and avocado(!) when I want a breakfast that keeps me satisfied for a few hours. It tastes awesome too!

If I don't have any time to prepare food in the morning or I want something before I work out, I might make coffee with some organic coconut oil and almond butter. That really keeps me full for hours and I don't need to gulp down gels when I go for longer runs.
  • brettdupree
    brettdupree Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    coconut oil
  • ajourney2beme
    ajourney2beme Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Protein always made me feel fuller personally. You'll probably have to take a lot of the suggestions and figure out what works best for you! :) good luck!