Needing to vent a bit....

Options
I have been a part of MFP since April, but I don't usually post. Today, I just need to vent a bit and get some motivation and support. I was doing so well with my weight loss. Since March I have lost 28 pounds but as I get to a few pounds of my goal, I find myself slipping out of control. I eat what I know I shouldn't and at the time I don't care. Also, I am in the middle of my third miscarriage and so I think a lot of this eating is depression. My dr. is doing what he can, but it still looks like I may not be able to get a D&C until next week. (I was really hoping to get it done this week!) Just needed to get out some of this frustration. Thanks for listening....

Replies

• Keakia
    Keakia Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been a part of MFP since April, but I don't usually post. Today, I just need to vent a bit and get some motivation and support. I was doing so well with my weight loss. Since March I have lost 28 pounds but as I get to a few pounds of my goal, I find myself slipping out of control. I eat what I know I shouldn't and at the time I don't care. Also, I am in the middle of my third miscarriage and so I think a lot of this eating is depression. My dr. is doing what he can, but it still looks like I may not be able to get a D&C until next week. (I was really hoping to get it done this week!) Just needed to get out some of this frustration. Thanks for listening....
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry about your loss! Sending thoughts and prayers your way!:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    You poor thing! Try not to stress too much about anything in particular. Cut yourself a little slack. Eating out of depression and stress is not easy to control, or at least not for me. Keep that doctor in the loop. Doctors can be great allies.
  • divalovesyou1
    Options
    Sweetie, hang in there! You're almost at your goal!!! :bigsmile:

I'm so deeply sorry to hear about your miscarriage :brokenheart:. Just know we are all here to help you through this tough time in your life. Trust me if you need to vent you truly can do it here! :flowerforyou:

I will personally pray for you during your time of need. keep your head up and keep going to lose that weight!! Remember your closer to your goal than you think!:heart::smooched:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Anyone who has suffered miscarriage knows that that is the most awful pain. That's a huge task, going through that and trying to make the right choices nutritionally. Have you checked out the message boards on babycenter.com? The "trying to conceive after a loss" section is amazingly helpful. It made a world of difference to me when I lost my first.

You can do this!! xo
  • BreaNix
    BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You are in my thoughts. :brokenheart:

If you are eating out of stress you could have healthy things around to munch on.................like carrots, celery, grapes, apples ect......things to munch on to keep your hands and mouth busy without blowing your weight loss success.

i wish you all the best.
    nicky
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Oh hunny! You just some right on in and get it all out.

I am totally a stress eater so I can relate in that sense. I have had to go shopping and buy health-ier snack options. Best thing, nah. But those times I am like I REALLY need chocolate, I already have it in my freezer so I don't go totally bananas and get tons. Just one little Starbucks truffle and I'm good. I have been craving ice cream, so....today I snagged Ben and Jerry's light frozen yogurt and some 100 cal klondike bars. So, keeping special things on hand if you can keep control is wise because then you keep away from even more temptation.

Of course the healthy nibbles are best to have around, but I'll be the first to admit...sometimes a carrot won't cut it.

You're in my thoughts.

B
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. My prayers are with you. It's good that you posted what you're going through so others can offer help and support. You just hang in there and don't give up. Wishing all the best to you. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Betty