Looking For Low Carb Friends!

Options
i'm not new to myfitnesspal. i've lost 40lbs doing atkins before using MFP and then switched to low calorie using MFP and lost another 24lbs. Now i'm gonna give atkins another try. This time strict with working out everyday. I'm looking for friends who are on a low carb diet. We can help encourage eachother not to give up or give in to temptation!

Replies

• goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    That's me! Currently on the atkins diet and I love it! Add me if you like
  • rushikareddy
    rushikareddy Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Low Carber here! :-) I maintain about a 50 gm carb intake a day! :-) feel free to add me! :-)
  • Tigermum9
    Tigermum9 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I KNOW I can lose weight with Atkins, its just after about a week I get so fed up with the same foods. I can go into ketosis on about 50g of carbs but I find I still get bored. Im just edging between low calorie and low carb. Need some friends, please add me.

Also, please advise me??!!!
    xx
  • pgmayer
    pgmayer Posts: 53
    Options
    I need low carb friends. Going low carb seems to be the only way I can consistently lose weight.... but it is hard for me. I am ok when I am at home.....but going to a party...... or out with friends....... oh that is tough.

I need to have some accountability....

Phil
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    Hi guys, come join the Low Carber Daily Forum group, tons of Low Carb, High Fat folks there of many different "persuasions" ... Atkins, Taubes, Primal, etc.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/411-low-carber-daily-forum-the-group-
  • Tigermum9
    Tigermum9 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    to start low carb,can someone please advise me what to set my goal at please? protein and carb wise etc etc
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I am doing low carb, moderate protein, high fat (nutritional ketosis). Anyone eating low carb feel free to add me.
  • Mistizoom
    Options
    Hi guys, come join the Low Carber Daily Forum group, tons of Low Carb, High Fat folks there of many different "persuasions" ... Atkins, Taubes, Primal, etc.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/411-low-carber-daily-forum-the-group-

Thanks for the link!
  • RickyLuvsMary4ever
    RickyLuvsMary4ever Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have the most success when i drop my carbs to 75 or less, but i only do that when my weight loss is stalling.
  • lisettecaesar
    Options
    Atkins is my best friend right now
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Started low carb monday so far ive been netting less than 80 wanna stay at about 100 or less. Just eating alot of protein and veggies, 1 piece of fruit and sometimes 1 fiber brownie. Add me, i like seeing other low carb options. Thanks
  • Ginger4real
    Ginger4real Posts: 162
    Options
    I eart low carb. Im limited ti my cell for awhile (laptop is in need of a new fan) add me if you like (any of you) and we can encourage each other. I find low carb makes me feel better in general moods are happier and headaches are gone.
  • pgmayer
    pgmayer Posts: 53
    Options
    I am one full day into the low carb eating. I am trying to stay below a net 25 grams of carbohydrate... yesterday I was at 30 grams.

.....25 g is hard to get to.....but I am determined to work at it.

Phil
  • Mistizoom
    Options
    to start low carb,can someone please advise me what to set my goal at please? protein and carb wise etc etc

If you are completely new to low carb it is easiest to pick a plan and go with that, such as Atkins Induction or South Beach phase 1 if you want a more moderate approach. At the beginning keep your carbs as low as possible (20 net carbs/day) and eat as much fat and protein to satisfy you. Make sure to get plenty of salt (3000-5000 mg/day of sodium) and drink plenty of water. After a couple of weeks you can see how you are doing and if necessary make tweaks. At that point Atkins has you move on to phase 2 (ongoing weight loss). You can make tweaks then if necessary.