Nutrition Help

So I just received my Focus T25 box today. I'm determined to "Get It Done" and hopefully get the body I've been wanting. My only problem is...The Nutrition guide. I barley ever eat crap food. I eat granola bars, apples, bananas, yogurts, etc, but that's pretty much it. I live with my father who will NOT be willing to buy the ingredients that's on my guide. He buys more junk food than he buys health food. So my support system there isn't very helpful... What do I do? I know I need to get healthy to help get the results I'm working for but it will be difficult when my dad won't buy that stuff for me...any help or advice would be appreciated...

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    I'm doing Insanity, which also comes with a nutrition guide. I mostly ignored it. I use it as a sanity check to make sure what I am eating and what I should be eating are fairly close, but I use my normal IIFYM routine to track. I have my macros set at 40/30/30 carbs/protein/fat, so I just make sure I hit those goals. My base calories are the same as they were before I started the workout, and I log my workout each day and add calories accordingly. On a typical day, my default base is 2000 calories and my workout adds another 900 calories or so. Don't worry about the nutrition guide overly much. It is meant for people who aren't tracking what they eat, but you use MFP. Make sure you get enough calories, fat and protein and you'll be fine.
  • Good advice! Thank you! What's some good lunch ideas? I don't want to have to make big healthy meals on the plan so...what do or would you do for lunches? I always ate junk food for lunch and want to get rid of that..,