NSV.. HUGE for me.

Options
KaylaBlu2019
KaylaBlu2019 Posts: 118 Member
Today I had a huge NSV. My dad hasn't been physically in my life for 19 years, but in the last 8 or so of those years we've had sporadic contact via email and once in awhile phone, and more recently it's been fairly often through email and chatting via messengers. I was talking to him about a comment that someone had made about my weight, and he asked how much I weighed as he could tell it bothered me. He quickly said "Nevermind, Bad question. Sorry." It was then that I surprised myself and told him "No it's okay, I can't change it if I can't be honest with myself." and then told him I'm at 234 lbs. Of course he didn't judge me, just gave me some ideas. It was nice to feel that victory inside of myself.

Excited for the next victory on this never ending life journey :)

Kayla

Replies

• princesstoadstool82
    princesstoadstool82 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i'm glad for you, good luck for your journey :)
  • amyloutoyou
    amyloutoyou Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I admire your honesty . It's a good sign that you love and accept yourself. Impressive.
  • nhouse3417
    nhouse3417 Posts: 105
    Options
    That is great. Very sweet of your dad! Sounds like your attitude toward this journey is very positive and that is what you need! Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!