Struggling

Options
I have stuck to my calorie allowance all but 3 days in this month, yet my weight is going up and down like a yoyo!! I walk to work every other day (45 minutes) and that is what I can manage due to health issues and can occasionally fit in a small walk at lunchtime.
I took my measurements today to see if the number show there, and they show a 2 inch loss on my waist but everything else is either staying the same or increased! This is driving me mad!

It is talking all my willpower not to binge and go off the rails, I have prepared a salad for work etc but I am getting to the point where I feel what is the point?!

2 people in the last week have commented on my weight loss, although they can see it, I can't see it on the scales :(

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

2 people in the last week have commented on my weight loss, although they can see it, I can't see it on the scales :(

Unless you decide to tattoo your weight on your forehead don't worry so much about what the scale says. Sounds like you're doing great.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Are you using a scale to weigh your food? Do you track everything, everyday? When you say you stick to your calorie goal are you meeting it, including eating back your exercise calories or are you actually eating under it?

The scale is just one measurement. Losing 2" off your waist is huge, definitely something to be excited and proud of.
  • staceysforster
    staceysforster Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I do weigh everything, I don't always eat my exercise calories back to be fair, I tend to think that I have burned it off why do I want to eat them back, I am drinking 2L of water a day, and walking every other day, no snacking at night time, (picked up a hobby instead) so I am avoiding the biscuits crisps etc too
  • wendle81
    wendle81 Posts: 10
    Options
    You sound like you're doing great. I haven't been able to stick to calories more than a week. I have been eating back the exercise calories. Just horrible on my part. Please don't quit. Once you start, you'll gain forward momentum and from there it'll be easier and you'll feel so much better.
  • kellzi89
    kellzi89 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat, I was working out 6 days a week and tracking my calories and wasn't losing a single kilo but everyone was telling me they could tell I had lost weight. I hadn't measured myself but my tight jeans are no longer tight so I'm assuming I lost cm's. That was 2 weeks ago, I actually increased what I was eating only slightly and now the scales are showing the results!
  • ShubhaBansal
    ShubhaBansal Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Change something in your lifestyle..Like instead of walking .cyclying. Anything...Go by vehicle and workout for 15-20 mins inplace of walking...
    Changing routine helps.
  • darvin1023
    darvin1023 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Maybe your gaining muscles while your losing fats. if that is the case, That's a good thing!
    fat-muscle_0.jpg
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    My guess would be that you're estimating too little for your cal intake. However; weight is a terrible measure of progress. The fact that you lost 2 inches should be thrilling! And your waist is the best place to lose it because people with increase weight around their abdomen are at higher risk for heart disease and other nasty weight related diseases. You should be celebrating your success not disappointed.
  • rgugs13
    rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 2 inches off your waist! That is great!!! Weight can fluctuate a lot over the course of a day, so if you weigh yourself in the morning one day, then the evening the next day, you could show a gain of several pounds in 2 days! Same for measurements. If the number not changing is making you discouraged, stop weighing and measuring yourself constantly. Switch to weekly or monthly! Take photos as well. You might not see changes because you look at yourself every day.

Keep it up, you can do it!

Rachel