Aloha Everyone! I'm 200+ pounds Overweight :(

Options
Lokeana
Lokeana Posts: 3 Member
Well, just writing the subject Line on this public message board is making me feel so embarrassed that I'm admitting to the world that my weight has gotten so out of control. I'm not sure why it was so hard to say I'm 200+ pounds overweight, I mean it's not a secret that I'm morbidly obese, it's obvious to anyone that looks at me!) I looked into gastro-bypass surgery, but it turns out my insurance won't cover it at this time, but I think that might be a blessing in disguise. Last week I started 30 minutes a day exercising in the public pool, and I have already lost 7 pounds!!! So I'm confident that I can do this without the surgery. It may take longer, but that's okay. I have to lose 100 pounds before the knee surgeon can do a full knee replacement on my right knee. I'm determined to lose the weight within a year, so hear I am using myFitnessPal website to help me on my journey. I'm actually feeling pretty excited about the year ahead. Wishing you all great success with your journey to meet your goals too.!! I'd love your support, tips, and suggestions to help me reach my goals. My first goal is to reach 200 pounds! Once that's reached I'll make some new ones!

Replies

• Valkieran
    Valkieran Posts: 4
    Options
    That is a great start! Keep it up! It is hard to make changes to our lifestyles, but you can make them. You have the tools you need to succeed and a great support system to help you along the way.
  • beverlydale69
    Options
    Hi there, congrats on starting on this journey. I am also more than 200 pounds overweight. I recently joined this site. I will be having surgery hopefully by next summer. It is really tough at times but keep going with it no matter what. You will reach your goal!!! :smile: :smile:
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    :blushing:
    Aloha, do you live in Hawaii.?? I love it there.....anyways welcome aboard.....I'm on days 205!!!!! It's fun here & very supportive & motivating ...sending you a FR to get you on the road :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Lokeana
    Options
    mahalo everyone for the comments and the support, and Yes srm1960 I live in on one of the outer island of Hawaii, :) I'm so thankful to my brother-in-law for showing me this website!
  • Tessarac
    Tessarac Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hola, I too am new to the site and starting at 200+. This thread is just what I needed to help me feel... better? about accepting the help I clearly need. Thank you.
  • RoninLife
    RoninLife Posts: 64
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Good Luck on your journey and this site is great for support.
  • Lokeana
    Options
    Hola Tessarac, Good luck on your journey too!
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Don't feel embarrassed, especially here. We're all here for the same reason, just varying degrees. You've made a great start :-)
  • stu1102
    stu1102 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Lokeana

Here are my predictions\thoughts:

1) You will not need surgery because you will lose weight without that...your in the right mindset and have the determination to succeed

2) Every single day you will start to feel the benefit while your on this journey. I bet even now, if they could, your heart, blood vessels etc every part of your body is cheering and ready to throw a party, for every single day, you are going to help them, I know you will help them

3) Based on my humble experience (I lose on average 2.5ilbs a week) all you need to do is use your calorie goals to monitor your food intake, log everything that goes into your mouth

4) Eat less, move more. start walking, walk to the shops, walk down your street\road for 30 mins in the morning/30 mins in the afternoon---try and get a smartphone and then get an app on to it where you can monitor your physical activity. I use Endomondo

5) read the success stories and say to yourself : I can do that

Good luck