New to MFP 2 Weeks in 16lbs lose

Options
Hi All,

I am pretty new here and its my first time using MFP but its my 3rd attempt at losing weight. I started at 27stone 8lbs (386Lbs) and after 2 weeks am now 26stone 6lbs (370lbs). Both myself and my girlfriend are using the site and find it very useful to keep a track of our diets. Its nice to have someone to diet with and I know together we will do well.

My goal is a long way off, but I have several targets to hit along the way, some targets are about getting my weight down, other targets things like being able to by clothes from shops again rather than from the internet, being able to do a 5 mile bike ride, a 10 mile, etc.

I do have a question, am i losing weight to fast? i know i have a lot to lose i want to be eating correctly.

I am an active person, but always trying to do more and more now, more walks and starting to cycle again. so hopfully things will work and this time the weight will stay off.

Thanks
Tim

Replies

• Diane1966
    Diane1966 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi Tim
    A big well done on your weight loss so far. I think you always lose a fair bit in the first couple of weeks, I know I do. Keep up the good work and remember small goals are more achievable. I always tend to set my goals too high then I fail, half a stone at a time for me.

Diane
  • TimIredale
    TimIredale Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks.

I am setting myself lots of goals and as i do them i will tick them.
  • Sonj1973
    Sonj1973 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi Tim and partner :).... Don't worry the first few weeks you will tend to drop more llbs, and as you keep going it will reduce.. :) well done so far that's great. wish you both well and good luck :)
  • hanifrahaman
    Options
    Well done, keep going.

I just started this week and have lost 9lbs already!

Good luck!
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I've had a lot of success with MFP as support!
  • snowboardandasuitcase
    snowboardandasuitcase Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Yep, most people will drop their initial "water weight" (that's the concensus anyways) in the first cpl weeks.

I was only 147 when I started and I dropped 9lbs in my second week alone. That was a little intense! haha. So don't worry. Totally normal. You might even see a gain again in a few weeks, but that's also normal, so long as you're eating right and exercising, it'll come off again!

Best of luck!
    :bigsmile:
  • mithaearon
    mithaearon Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Over a stone in two weeks! Awesome. I am just starting out too, my first weigh in is this weekend (gulp) I am assuming I will see some quick initial lose then maybe slower as I will be replacing fat weight, with muscle weight (as they build).

Good luck to you both!
  • SteveK279
    SteveK279 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Completely normal that you'll lose more at the start Tim - most of it's water, but as a bigger guy starting off, you can probably expect large enough gains at the start. I consulted with my brother (a doctor) when I was thinking of starting and he saw no problem with me setting a target of 2Kg (4.4lb) /wk at the start & I was only 272lbs. I'd expect you to be allowed to lose a little faster as you're starting heavier, but that would be for your own doctor to say
  • TimIredale
    Options
    Thanks for the posts all. Its a nice to receive support. I need to speak to my doc about losing weight ( fear of excess skin in the long term)

Thanks

Tim
  • TimIredale
    Options
    Had a mid week weigh in and i am 2lbs more than on Tuesday, no idea why cos i haven't gone over my calorie in take.

I do need to up my exercise this weekend as i have only had time to get out for 1 walk since tuesday.
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it looks like you gained a ridiculous amt of weight overnight but its often either water retention,or the need to poop. I dont think you can actually gain 2lb of fat in a day.