Using measurements or scales

Options
jaz050465
jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
This is why I get frustrated. Weights for week
Monday- 10 11.0
Wednesday- 10 9.6
Today - 10 11.6

I know two pound increase isn't fat and probably water retention due to starting exercise again but how am I supposed to see if I'm on correct calorie intake when this happens. I know people will say only weigh once a week but if that day is abnormally low or abnormally high, that won't help.

I have also taken measurements but as I've not got much to lose- probably only a few inches in each are- pulling a bit looser or tighter will make that hard to monitor too.

Replies

• Khaoz_Ferox
    Options
    You're weighing too frequently. I would just weight once a month, then you have something to look forward to (or dread, lol).

In the meantime, just look at measurements, maybe once or twice every two weeks. Weight loss doesn't happen overnight :tongue:

As for calculating caloric intake, refine every month after you weigh. I know it's temping to check your weight often, especially after a good workout, but that approach generally leads to disappointment and failure.
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    The best to weight yourself is Once a week or once a month
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I think you're right. I need to weigh maybe once a fortnight.
  • naterciarodrigues58
    naterciarodrigues58 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it, I've been weighing myself even every week and it is 75/76/77kg, up and down for three weeks now! measurements have surely gone down though, so...

Do it because you feel better for it, and you will end up noticing differences! Don't be demotivated by the scales, ignore them! :wink:
    (trying to follow my own advice, here!)
  • Badjinn
    Badjinn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I weight daily as well but just to see how my body is handling water. I don't take the.fluctuations too seriously. But.the real measure for me is the inches. That's my biweekly payroll :-) I add the inches lost and cut a ribbon to that length as a visual.reminder of my success. Great idea from my Jenny consultant.