Looking for fast 5:2 friends and support!!

Options
Hey I just started the fast diet 5:2 and looking for friends and support, today is my first day fasting! Lots of love!!

Replies

• paigemulroe
    paigemulroe Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am personally not doing the fast 5:2, but would love to support you and get some support back from you!!! Anyone feel free to add me if you are looking for support, or would like to help support me!!
  • rambabean
    rambabean Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started this yesterday, found it a lot easier that expected! How are you getting on with it?
  • Fitterthanbefore
    Options
    I'm brand new to this. What is 5:2?
  • raj186
    raj186 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Interested in seeing how you get on. Intend to continue some type of fasting after Ramadhan. Need to research a little about the type of fasts people do
  • DnJ100
    DnJ100 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I started the 5:2 a week ago!! Feel free to add me :)
  • linzijoy
    linzijoy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hey I just started the fast diet 5:2 and looking for friends and support, today is my first day fasting! Lots of love!!

Hi - I'm on my 3rd week, and actually quite enjoying it!!! Today is my fast day too - feel free to add me :-)
  • kaydeedoubleu1
    kaydeedoubleu1 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Nice work! am thinking about doing this to get out of my plateu. keen to see how it goes! good luck
  • mizzminxymoo
    Options
    I am banned from the 5:2 group on Fb but please feel free to add me on here or on Fb: Indie Alyssa Thompson. I am looking for 5:2 and 4:3 support buddies x
  • MsCLR84
    MsCLR84 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi! I'm on my second week of 5:2, so on my fourth fast day and it's going well but, man, you have to know what calories are in what! MFP helps loads :D I hope you enjoy the changes, I'm looking forward to seeing results! xo
  • jomhendo
    jomhendo Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi , I started the 5:2 and my fitness pal today..my first goal is to lose a stone before I head off to Leeds Festival in 5 weeks time, wish me luck ! X
  • tangerinepen
    tangerinepen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for a while and having okay results. Feel free to add me folks :)
  • joolsg72
    joolsg72 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am on week 1 of 5:2 and fasted Mon & yesterday. Mon was horrendous, yesterday was much easier - but I am hungrier than usual on feed days so hoping I won't cancel out good work done on 2 fast days. Determined to keep this up as it's so much more flexible than other regimes.
  • Satch131
    Satch131 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi,Fitterthanbf,
    I'm new to this too. I googled 5:2 diet and it seems you eat regularly 5 days of the week and fast 2 days of the week (500 cals per fast day) . The fast days do not have to be back to back. For those following this lifestyle, please correct if I'm wrong. Hope this helped.
    Satch
  • imhc93
    imhc93 Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm doing the 4:3 :)

Anyone can add me.

I do 4 days at 1400 cals
    2 days at 500 or under
    And 1 day complete fast (water + green tea only)
  • kgarton85
    kgarton85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Support my 5:2 friends!
  • paulineb77
    paulineb77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i am on 5:2 feel free to add me thankyou :)
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of doing the 5:2, until I read this article. It does work amazingly well for men of any size, and for women who are medically obese (30 or higher BMI, or 30 lbs overweight). BUT for women who are not obese, it actually has the opposite effect, your numbers...weight & blood work...tend to get worse.

http://www.paleoforwomen.com/shattering-the-myth-of-fasting-for-women-a-review-of-female-specific-responses-to-fasting-in-the-literature/

Although I do fast just 1 day/week more for religious reasons and to sort of reset my attitude, not to lose.